Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JMJ's recent live setup

Post Posted Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Beelooo wrote:
radek tymecki wrote:during world tour? original tape :D :smoke:
:peacemaan: !!!! Who had any doubt about it..... :nod:

Anyway, just for the info, it's again the ARP in MF album, nope ?
In the album it's Oberheim OB-X I think.
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:28 am
Leandro

I always thought jarre used the MDB-polysequencer for the album..

But in This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvLwT1G9kvI you can see jarre doing something with a D-beam, with i think the Roland HPD-15..
Post Posted Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:58 am
Beelooo

Leandro wrote:I always thought jarre used the MDB-polysequencer for the album..

But in This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvLwT1G9kvI you can see jarre doing something with a D-beam, with i think the Roland HPD-15..
You though well, the MDB as been used on the whole album, as is name said, this is a sequencer, not an instrument itself ; by deduction, i think it drives the ARP2600.

The only thing he was doing with is D-Beam is launching Roland internal effect preset i guess.... :peacemaan:
Concerts attends :
EIC Versailles, September 1993
Oxygen Tour Paris, October 1997
Electronic Night Paris, July 1998
Marigny, December 2007
POPB, March 2010
Electronica TOUR POPB (Accor Hotel Arena), December 2016
Post Posted Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:27 am
Leandro

aha.. hehe you guys seem to teach me more and more about this stuff :D
Post Posted Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:28 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Leandro wrote:I always thought jarre used the MDB-polysequencer for the album..

That's live in... 200x?
The album was in 1981. That D-beam thing was a thing waay beyond the future back then... :P
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:30 am
Leandro

yes, but i just thought thats how hes doing it these days :P
Post Posted Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:32 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Leandro wrote:yes, but i just thought thats how hes doing it these days :P
Try to think less. :robertdugenou:
Post Posted Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:05 pm
radek tymecki

aint sure about mf. mdp polyseq for sure. but for the sound arp2600 or rsf kobol was used. i think it was kobol coz sync is needed to get that kinda sound
Post Posted Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:31 pm
Beelooo

radek tymecki wrote: sync is needed to get that kinda sound
Thank you so much Radek, you've just resolve a problem i have with the MF4 sequence sound :robertdugenou: I always forgot to try sync.... !!!
Concerts attends :
EIC Versailles, September 1993
Oxygen Tour Paris, October 1997
Electronic Night Paris, July 1998
Marigny, December 2007
POPB, March 2010
Electronica TOUR POPB (Accor Hotel Arena), December 2016
Post Posted Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:05 am
thhedk

radek tymecki wrote:aint sure about mf. mdp polyseq for sure. but for the sound arp2600 or rsf kobol was used. i think it was kobol coz sync is needed to get that kinda sound

Whats about the sync?
Why cant this have been played using the Matrise Sequencer and ARP2600? I has the same Legato effekt as the Equinoxe 7 bass.
Post Posted Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:16 pm
Pete

I don't think it's the RSF; in the CIC the following year RSF was used for the sequences and they sound a lot different (apart from the intro which should be the original tape played at half speed...)

Radek, congrats for the K2000! I am a fan of that machine.
As to the LCD, in my rack version 3 from 1998, the display is a really bright green, very different from all the other machines of the same era; the backlit was probably very different from the backlit of a Korg 01/W (well, that's just my guess)
Post Posted Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:27 pm
radek tymecki

i'm talking about mf1 sequence. vince was talking about it here

viewtopic.php?p=77354&highlight=#77354

2020 Zoolook.nl