Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What sequencer you use? and why?

Post Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:52 pm
JPQ

What sequencer you use? and why?
Post Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:54 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Sony ACID.
Because it's as well an audio and midi sequencer, and a vst hoster.
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:20 pm
jp8000

Cakewalk Sonar studio version 8.5.3, because I have used to it.

(this was one of the reasons why I chose PC than the Imac)
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 pm
Jarp2600

Cubase and Pro Tools.
I have an old MC300, but I rarely use it. I am planning to buy an MPC... :)
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:43 pm
Equinoxe

guess I'm the only one who's using oldskool Hardware methods.....I use both an Akai MPC4000 and a Roland MV8800

I Use these mainly as I prefer to stick to Hardware sequencers and both the MV/MPC allow me to compose and record in a Very Live way,So I can add a live playing element to the sequencing Both Machines are very easy and quick to use without the need to sit for hours doing tedious fine adjustments to MIDI data,(although i do some of this after)and they allow me to work in a way that I can keep writing/Composing and simply build tracks as I go without interupting the workflow or inspiration,

I've never found a decent software platform that allowed me to work in a quick and intuitive way like this without losing enthusiasm or having issues with timing and syncing running large Midi hardware rigs or spending more time combing the fine details with a mouse,I've used many software sequencers,just was never satisfied with the timing(except the old Atari/Cubase,Roland MV8800 is very much like Cubase/atari style when used with monitor/mouse)

The MPC is the main sequencing source in the studio simply as its the main central Hub to the midi gear because of its midi outputs the MV is a secondary sequencer(because it only has 2 Midi outs and I need 4 For all the Midi gear I have)the MV is used with a Triton synth for composing/getting ideas down as its not in my studio,so I use this to compose on away from the studio

The only software sequencer I use(minimally) and would look to use in the future(To maybe replace the MPC/MV) would be Record/Reason(if they included External Multiple Midi control,although how much I would use it would depend on its Midi timing With a large hardware setup)I do Like the V4 sequencer update,but just prefer to sequence everything from the MPC4K,including Reason used as a sound module rather than its own sequencer simply because I love the MPC workflow and know the sequencer inside out
Post Posted Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:50 pm
states

2 x Doepfer MAQ 16-3 (r3.5)
ARP 1601
Cubase 5.5
Live Suite 8.1.1

i much prefer to structure my material (improvise) on the analogue machines and simply record onto the DAW's.. but, then, again.. this is the way i got accustomed to doing things..
sequencing on software bores me to death these days, although, i did go through a 100% "in the box" phase in the early 00's.
Post Posted Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:22 pm
Mr Pitch

Cubase SX3, because I used Steinberg software for a long time and I totally "in situ" with his logic ( :pwned: ). I also use Reason 3.0 but more than a big Rewire VST than a sequencer.

Next step should be an iMac with Logic studio 9 before the end of the year.

First software I used in 1995 was Cakewalk 3.0 and weel, I still have it, sometimes useful ...
it is not the music which is electronic, but the instruments
Post Posted Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:01 am
Beelooo

Sonar 6 LE because it was offered with my Edirol PCR800, and because i had to replace my outdated LOGIC Audio 5.2 (thanks emagic to sold it to Apple....).
Concerts attends :
EIC Versailles, September 1993
Oxygen Tour Paris, October 1997
Electronic Night Paris, July 1998
Marigny, December 2007
POPB, March 2010
Electronica TOUR POPB (Accor Hotel Arena), December 2016
Post Posted Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:26 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 2

states wrote:2 x Doepfer MAQ 16-3 (r3.5)
ARP 1601
Cubase 5.5
Live Suite 8.1.1

i much prefer to structure my material (improvise) on the analogue machines and simply record onto the DAW's.. but, then, again.. this is the way i got accustomed to doing things..
sequencing on software bores me to death these days, although, i did go through a 100% "in the box" phase in the early 00's.
Are you the same "states" from KVR?
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:34 pm
Stereokromatik

Sonar 8 for sequencing, and for live, actually Yamaha Qy 700... a good seq :pwned:
Post Posted Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:40 pm
gb

Cubase 5.
Post Posted Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:23 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Logic 8
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:06 pm
AnDrOiD

The sequencer. :punch:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:30 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

AnDrOiD wrote:The sequencer. :punch:
Doh.

I use the one on the left. :robertdugenou:
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 am
AnDrOiD

GeeJee wrote:
AnDrOiD wrote:The sequencer. :punch:
Doh.

I use the one on the left. :robertdugenou:
The one in Reason hasn't got a name. :punch:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl