Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

ENIGMA

Post Posted Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:11 pm
ILIAS

today we have such important news that it would be not correct to post it in old 7LMF thread so here we go:

http://www.enigmasocialsong.com/

what is inside is the most exciting news from musical world we had for quite a time !

I am sure many of you will get mad about it :D

here is Michael speaking about it all

Post Posted Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:40 pm
ILIAS

your very last chance!
register now on enigmasocialsong.com and get free copy of it with booklet including your name!
Post Posted Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:46 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 40
Likes received  : 66

Kanta wrote:I hope his musical career will survive this.
it still has a chance to survive?
Post Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:16 pm
Dominc

Dr_Jones wrote:
Kanta wrote:I hope his musical career will survive this.
it still has a chance to survive?
Looks like it has because this appeared on Twitter today

https://twitter.com/enigmaspace/status/578550414561259520
It's more fun to compute on the Autobahn
Post Posted Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:48 pm
Richard-Eastham

Likes given: 31
Likes received  : 2

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... revolution

"The spiritual and erotic blended with sampling reminiscent of Jean-Michel Jarre, emanating an irresistible scent of sin"
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.
Post Posted Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:28 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Been getting into Enigma since shortly, the group really peaked unbelievably early with MCMXC A.d. What an absolute masterpiece of an album! Outside of that one, I really enjoy; The Cross of Change, The Mask Behind the Mirror and quite a few tracks of Le Roi ist Mort Vive le Roi. But the rest is just really hit or miss for me.
Voyaguer just feels off, A Posteriori has a few nice moments but is mostly bland, Seven Lifes Many Faces is mostly terrible with some decent ideas thrown into the mix and The Fall of a Rebel Angel is a great concept album but not much more than that.
I honestly think that Cretu should get more people involved again and bounce ideas off of other people, the best work under the label was the earlier stuff (for me personally of course).

Also, they FINALLY released all eight (plus compilation) albums on vinyl! While I doubt I'll be getting all nine releases, I will absolutely splurge all over MCMXC A.d, The Screen Behind the Mirror and (despite me calling it mostly bland, go figure) A Posteriori. I might get more down the line, but for now, those three are my absolute top priority!
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:23 pm
Dr_Jones

If you like Enigma, I suggest listening to Delerium, especially their albums Semantic Spaces, Karma and Poem. It's much in the same spirit as Enigma, but with more sequencers. The later albums are also a bit bland with some sporadic great tracks.
Post Posted Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:16 pm
plate of chips

Likes received  : 2

1987 John Serrie And The Stars Go With You
album dedicated to Challeneger tragedy
https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&s ... onn+serrie

is one of the albums that influenced Michael Cretu to make MCMXC AD.

And the Stars Go With You also influenced Space Ambient, Astral Trance, Cosmic Trance, ChillOut as
:
The Orb, Golbal Communication, Monolake, Carbon Based Lifeforms,
Higher Intelligence Agency, Irresistible Force, Stellardrones, Sundaya,
Tetsu Inoue, Unusual Cosmic Process, Voyage Futur.

(only reason I am aware of these is because of the research I've recently done analysing 1947-2020 Electronic Music).
Post Posted Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:04 pm
Dr_Jones

Also, reading the article, I see Cretu has worked one of Oldfield's albums. Oldfield's Songs of Distant Earth is heavily influenced by Enigma. In fact, it reminds me of the early speculations of who Enigma really was. Press releases only stated that it's someone well known in the music industry. With the MCMXCad album being released on Virgin, people initially thought it was Mike Oldfield.
Post Posted Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:05 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Dr_Jones wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:23 pmIf you like Enigma, I suggest listening to Delerium, especially their albums Semantic Spaces, Karma and Poem. It's much in the same spirit as Enigma, but with more sequencers. The later albums are also a bit bland with some sporadic great tracks.
Never heard of them before, but I will absolutely check them out tomorrow. More of the early Enigma works would be bloody brilliant. Already started listening to Era, which does scratch a certain itch, but isn't just quite what I'm looking for.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam

2020 Zoolook.nl