Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Vangelis LATEST NEWS

Post Posted Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:15 am
Elf

What a huge disappointment these "remasters" are. Adding a ton of reverb does not a remaster make!

In addition, Vangelis has pulled a George Lucas on us, and has tampered with the compositions themselves.

Avoid! At all costs!
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:18 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 43
Likes received  : 67

Elf wrote:What a huge disappointment these "remasters" are. Adding a ton of reverb does not a remaster make!

In addition, Vangelis has pulled a George Lucas on us, and has tampered with the compositions themselves.
He has? :shock: That is unfortunate. What has he changed for example?
Post Posted Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:42 am
Elf

Dr_Jones wrote:
Elf wrote:What a huge disappointment these "remasters" are. Adding a ton of reverb does not a remaster make!

He has? :shock: That is unfortunate. What has he changed for example?
There are bits of music missing from "Symphony to the Powers B" on Heaven and Hell
There are cuts on the title track Spiral (clearly audible where the cuts have been made)
Beaubourg sounds like you're listening to it on a cassette tape
On Direct the transition between Will of the Wind and Metallic Rain has been moved, and you can hear a click where the original used to be (sloppy!)

In addition all the reverb and other changes he's made to the sound totally changes the feel of the compositions. It sometimes feels like you're listening to a cover (albeit a much better cover than Ed Starink)

I'm sticking to my LPs of these albums!
-Elf-
Post Posted Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 am
Elf

The indication "Remastered by Vangelis"
Good, good..
There are also some scans of vinyl singles, posters or adverts relating to the album's original release.
Very very nice...
The most striking aspect of these new releases is that for the four RCA albums, Vangelis decided to go quite a bit further than the usual processing that is mostly understood as "remastering".
Yes, YES...!
For the four RCA albums, Vangelis applied extra reverb to the existing masters
what
At the same time, two tracks were edited into shorter versions.
what
One of several repeats was cut out, near the 2:22 mark, removing 11 seconds of music and introducing an audible cut.
what
The track separation between "Will of the Wind" and "Metalic Rain" has been moved to a slightly earlier point, with an audible thud present where the index was found on the original CD.
what

No.
-Elf-
Post Posted Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:11 am
Andy

Well, after reading the articles on Dennis' elsew.com website I'm thinking about to buy at least "Heaven and Hell" and "Spiral" as remasters...
Post Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:14 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3

^ Money would be better spent helping sick and homeless kids
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:14 pm
Andy

NASA video with original music by Vangelis :!:

(Vangelis' music starts at 18:17 and lasts until 20:30)

Very nice...

Source: www.elsew.com
Post Posted Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:07 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 40
Likes received  : 16

http://www.elsew.com/data/latest.htm - News (June 21st for the earliest one, I think)
http://store.hollyjohnson.com/home/euro ... order.html

Wrapping up a collaborative track between Vangelis and Holly Johnson (from Frankie Goes To Hollywood) 20+ years after first working on it? Now that's... dedication, I guess.

Anyway, will be interested in hearing how it sounds like.
Post Posted Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:23 pm
Finaero

The album (and naturally, track) Europa is now available throughout the Internets.

Pour example, on Spotify:

Not that super-special and the lyrics are kinda... old, but still, pretty nice track IMO.
Post Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:18 pm
Finaero

Celebrating ESA's comet-landing, here's Vangelis with three new tracks:

- Arrival
- Philae's Journey
- Rosetta's Waltz

Philae's Journey is my favorite 8)
Post Posted Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:13 am
serjio

Finaero wrote: - Arrival
- Philae's Journey
- Rosetta's Waltz
That's amazing. His classical sound — somewhat in-between Blade Runner and Chariots of Fire to my ears. The first two tracks are fading out at the end, suggesting these to be excerpts, and the 2015 appears, — I wonder what this stands for, — a kind of a release date of something?
Post Posted Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:01 am
Finaero

Behind the scenes, we had also been working with Greek musician, Vangelis, famous for his many iconic film soundtracks, including Chariots of Fire, Blade Runner, and 1492: The Conquest of Paradise, in addition to numerous rock albums over the years. Vangelis has long had an interest in space and has worked with NASA in the past on some of their missions. On this occasion, he was inspired by Rosetta and wrote three short pieces for us which were released on 12 November, Philae’s landing day.

Vangelis has since been working on a larger set of compositions related to Rosetta and we are working with him on a project for 2015.
http://blogs.esa.int/rosetta/2014/12/19 ... r-spheres/

Sounds promising!
Post Posted Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:49 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 12

I just want a new album to be released in any form by this point. All the new music is great, but a bit of a mess to get a real good hold on in good quality...
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:24 pm
Finaero

You know, it's not THAT different from JMJ gigs w.r.t. playbacking and stuff:

Still cool. 8)
Post Posted Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:18 pm
Aneka65

Great video Music Vangelis :D :P
Change.