Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

VANGELIS Blade Runner News

Post Posted Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:46 am
moviemaker

Blade Runner - The Final Cut (Movie)

The newly revised version of the "Blade Runner" movie has recently had its pre-premiere at the Venice film festival in Italy. Edward James Olmos, Daryl Hannah and Rutger Hauer attended, together with director Ridley Scott.

It seems more journalists than fans of the film managed to attend this happening, so details about the new version aren't very clear. Opinions conflict on whether the visual effects were boosted. Some reports involve lots of extra spinners (ships) flying around, while avid fans say that, special effects-wise, only some wiring was digitally removed. A number of newly inserted shots excepted. It's likely some viewers simply didn't remember how detailed the movie always was. General feeling seems to be that the biggest changes involve some extended dialogs and a number of fixed (continuity) mistakes. It's supposedly edited a bit more smoothly, but Vangelis' music seems to have hardly changed, with only an occasional subtle edit to match the changed timing. For more clarity and certainty, we'll have to wait until this movie is released for a wider audience.

The movie will see a limited release in American cinemas, where it will play in New York and Los Angeles, starting October 5. At this moment, no details are available on possible screenings in other countries.

On DVD, "Blade Runner - The Final Cut" will first be released in the USA, reaching the shops on December 18. There's a choice between three packages: a 2 disk set, a 4 disk set, and a special 5 disk set packed in a Blade Runner suitcase. The two luxurious versions will also be available on the two new formats that are to follow up the DVD standard, HD-DVD and Blu-ray.

Promotional trailers and more info on the movie's official site:
bladerunnerthemovie.warnerbros.com.

A fan site for the movie, tracking the news around the new releases:
www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se.

This information is courtesy of:
Dennis Lodewijks (d.lodewijks@chello.nl)
The "Elsewhere Vangelis site"
Post Posted Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:20 am
jarrekid

Saw this about a month ago, I want the suitcase version! I wonder if they'll look at rereleasing the soundtrack in FULL this time.
Post Posted Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:06 am
Finaero

Likes given: 4
Likes received  : 2

Finaero wrote:I guess they're releasing the 5-disc set without the suitcase in Europe.

Not a bad price either, I'd say. 8)
Well, the suitcase is unnecessary, anyway, I just want the discs. :nod:
Post Posted Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:17 am
AnDrOiD

Same here, TBH. Yet I'm gonna wait until the release date comes closer before purchasing.
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:39 am
Finaero

Likes given: 4
Likes received  : 2

I have had the info about the different releases yesterday, but nowhere is the price written for them all :o
Post Posted Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:09 am
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Myeah, but IMHO, now we know all the threads are, if you put them all on the Albums and Other Releases, this will be a serious mess...

But on the other hand, I think we can make one Oxygène 3D subforum as soon as we have more infos about it !!
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:14 pm
moviemaker

Saw the re-release of BLADE RUNNER last night in Westwood (Los Angeles) and all I can say is WOW! Yeah the movie is slightly dated but the soundtrack by VANGELIS and overall sound design was ASTOUNDING!

Still an AMAZING film even after 25 years!!! The things they fixed were sooo subtle (unlike Star Wars) that was identical to the original with the same model work, optical printing and all--now I remember why CGi looks so fake compared to models! If you can see this on the Big Screen do it!!! If not rent the DVD in December and play it on the biggest damn screen possible!

Post Posted Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:04 pm
Velodynamic

Wooh...it really was/is a beautiful movie. :clap:

Perhaps it will be my first Blu-Ray disc.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:52 am
moviemaker

I forgot to mention: It was a Digital Projection but looked excellent because it still had the FILM GRAIN and some cool old scratches! Ridley didn't try to hide everything like Lucas in Star Wars!

Post Posted Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:43 pm
AnDrOiD

At the moment it doesn't seem like they will show it in Danish theatres. :( So I'll probably have to be content with the DVD release. :)
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:32 pm
mathetes1963

Any definite word yet on a remastered/expanded soundtrack album?
"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul."
-Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1750

"It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing."
-Duke Ellington, 1899-1974
Post Posted Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:11 pm
Firecobra22

Great movie with great actors and great music. Don't forget that Rutger Hauer is Dutchman :D :D I'm certanly going to buy this new DVD :peacemaan: :peacemaan:
We shall defend this land!
Post Posted Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:16 pm
E-vert

This sounds very very good 8)
Life is what you make of it...
Post Posted Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Firecobra22 wrote:Great movie with great actors and great music. Don't forget that Rutger Hauer is Dutchman :D :D I'm certanly going to buy this new DVD :peacemaan: :peacemaan:
DVD what ? :mrgreen:
You sound so much outdated, BluRay here :P
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:46 pm
Firecobra22

Nico_Noyau wrote:
Firecobra22 wrote:Great movie with great actors and great music. Don't forget that Rutger Hauer is Dutchman :D :D I'm certanly going to buy this new DVD :peacemaan: :peacemaan:
DVD what ? :mrgreen:
You sound so much outdated, BluRay here :P
Hey hey thanks for paying the 500 euros for my new blue-ray. I'm happy that you're giving me such a great device. Thx alot. :punch: :fine: :fine:
We shall defend this land!

2020 Zoolook.nl