Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What is the last thing you bought ?

Post Posted Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:47 pm
jarrekid

Daft Punk-Musique Vol. I: 1993-2005 (CD+DVD Best Of)

I saw the Depeche Mode rereleases and was immediately drawn to Speak And Spell (what a classic). Then the £18 price tag made me laugh.
Post Posted Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:41 pm
Equinoxe

Likes received  : 1

jarrekid wrote:Daft Punk-Musique Vol. I: 1993-2005 (CD+DVD Best Of)

I saw the Depeche Mode rereleases and was immediately drawn to Speak And Spell (what a classic). Then the £18 price tag made me laugh.
£18!!!!!!!!

I only paid £13.99!!!!and thats the DVD+CD version

bought the Violator Remastered version today...and also a Korg PadKontrol,been playing around with it for the last few hours its brill
Post Posted Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:44 pm
jarrekid

Equin(00)xe wrote:
jarrekid wrote:I saw the Depeche Mode rereleases and was immediately drawn to Speak And Spell (what a classic). Then the £18 price tag made me laugh.
£18!!!!!!!!

...and also a Korg PadKontrol,been playing around with it for the last few hours its brill
It's Virgin, what do you expect? :lol:
Aw, the PadKontrol. Once I get a laptop I'll probably be buying one of these for Ableton Live. :twisted:
Post Posted Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:57 pm
Equinoxe

Likes received  : 1

jarrekid wrote:
Equin(00)xe wrote:
jarrekid wrote:I saw the Depeche Mode rereleases and was immediately drawn to Speak And Spell (what a classic). Then the £18 price tag made me laugh.
£18!!!!!!!!

...and also a Korg PadKontrol,been playing around with it for the last few hours its brill
It's Virgin, what do you expect? :lol:
Aw, the PadKontrol. Once I get a laptop I'll probably be buying one of these for Ableton Live. :twisted:

Its well worth the money,You get a few software additions too(Including ableton Live which is a Lite edition,although I don't really care for the Ableton live package..
You also get the MDE fx from the legacy package,and and Korgs sampletank,and another program i havent looked at yet....
Whats interested me is the Korg Adapted version of Propellorheads Reason,which has opened my eyes to this platform,i always snubbed it ,but I love the concept of it,i Especially liked the Redrum drum machine,very much along the same lines as the Korg Electribes way of creating patterns,I am seriously looking into buying the Full reason package,the Korg edition is fully functional one that you can save/Load projects ,but it only has a few of the modules availible,but so far I'm liking whats on offer...

As for the PadKontrol,this is wicked..well worth the £129 i paid...Its kind of like an enlarged version of the Kontrol 49 interface,which i loved so thats why i opted to buy the Pkontrol,its great for laptop use,as thats what i'm using it for at the mo,its quite large too,bigger than i expected...
check out the Video at Korg.com,love the Roll function,that X-Y is great for creating rolls it makes drum programming so much fun

I was lucky with the PadKontrol apprently the Music shop had one sent to them by Korg as a demo unit,but they hadn't even took it out the box yet it was still sealed,I just went in to get some Mid cables and just enquire if my ordered PadKontrol had arrived,they said they were still waiting for a shipment of 12 which isn't expected till the end of April/Early may,I asked them not to bother taking it out the box,i'll buy it seeing as I already wanted one...good job I went in to buy some new Midi cables otherwise i would have had to wait till end of April
Post Posted Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:07 am
Bj-1

Mr. Bungle - California (1999)
Opeth - Deliverance (2002)
Post Posted Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:31 pm
AnDrOiD

jarrekid wrote:Daft Punk-Musique Vol. I: 1993-2005 (CD+DVD Best Of)

Buy it here! :P
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:11 pm
jarrekid

@Equin(oo)xe: That's sounds reaaally good. £130. Ok. Laptop first.
Post Posted Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:40 pm
Bj-1

Extol - Undeceived (2002)
Al Di Meola - Land of the Midnight Sun (1976)
Post Posted Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:50 pm
Mike Earsen

Two alkaline batteries (Energizer) :roll:
Post Posted Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:59 pm
ItsMeOnly

Last of the Dogmen DVD
...and there's a subtle difference between stating a fact and not giving a f*** about it (AMR)

[size=9:cc9f030a25]In: Wavestation, K3m, CS01, DX100, TX802, TG77, VZ-10m, CS1x, D-550, U-220, S2000, S1100, PSS-790, CR-78,
In queue: VL70m, Fairlight CMI series III
[/size:cc9f030a25]
Post Posted Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:41 pm
Jett Moonwing

A pack of black gel pens (my last one ran out a few days ago)
Post Posted Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:49 pm
jarrekid

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (Live CD-£4 in HMV sale-Great album, get the DVD!)
Hard-Fi - Better Do Better (SQUARE 7" picture disc for £1, limited edition)
Heaven 17 - Come Live With Me (7" from Oxfam, bought it for the B-Side)
Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (classic CD single from Oxfam)
Post Posted Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:13 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Technically I didn't, but I got a new cellphone today so in a sense that's a new purchase.
Post Posted Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:16 pm
Adam

Likes given: 9
Likes received  : 6

A can of Cuprinol Timbercare
Post Posted Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:25 pm
Bj-1

CD:

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Slayer - Reign In Blood

DVD:

Frank Zappa - Does Humor Belong In Music?

• 2020 Zoolook.nl