Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Eurovision Song Contest

Post Posted Sun May 17, 2009 1:01 pm
Jon

OK, so Norway won with not only the biggest ever score, but one terrible song. Who could have seen that one coming?. Apparantly those with no taste what-so-ever in music.

Iceland should have won, hands down. That was the best song in the whole contest. Well written, sang and produced.

Atleast the UK did well to come 5th place. Our song wasn't brilliant, but it's the best we have had for over a decade . . . and the same with the high points.

Considering how many short skirts/dresses were worn last night, they should have called it "Eurovision Thong Contest" :mrgreen:
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sun May 17, 2009 1:19 pm
AnDrOiD

Not because I've got coloured glasses on, but the Danish song wasn't too shabby either, but ended up on a 13th place. Perhaps Ronald Keating co-writing it was bad karma? :punch: :p:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun May 17, 2009 1:25 pm
Velodynamic

Likes received  : 1

If Depeche Mode could have establish the rules
it should have been the Eurovision Wrong Contest. :punch:

I didn't like the swedish "disco-opera" so I didn't gave a damn this year (either).
I did though watch the national competition but it got blank...nothing to find here, don't vote - case closed - turn off or throw out the TV
and go to bed listening to Claus Wunderlich. :robertdugenou: :smoke:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sun May 17, 2009 1:28 pm
Jon

AnDrOiD wrote:Not because I've got coloured glasses on, but the Danish song wasn't too shabby either, but ended up on a 13th place. Perhaps Ronald Keating co-writing it was bad karma? :punch: :p:
That'll be Roland Keating :punch:
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sun May 17, 2009 1:31 pm
AnDrOiD

In fact it's Ronan. :pwned:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun May 17, 2009 1:45 pm
Jon

It's Mr Keating then :punch:

Post Posted Sun May 17, 2009 1:49 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

I have nothing but negative eyes on the whole Eurovision Song Contest show. I couldn't point out a single song that I liked. Perhaps the one from Finland, and a bit the song from the hot chick singing to a minimal dance track. Otherwise I have lost all respect for this show. Most of them did not even manage to sing properly IMO. To me it was not a surprise that Norway won. I didn't like it at all, but I couldn't point out something better anyway. Nothing was original and I didn't spot a single catchy track. A handful of them had what you could call talent for singing, however their songs sucked pretty bad, so their voices were left in a shadow.
Post Posted Sun May 17, 2009 2:13 pm
Abi

We did better (UK) than we've done for a while...
Our singer was plucked from a reality show, although, next year, I reckon Susan Boyle should sing for the UK with a song written for her by Mr Lloyd-Webber...

I wasn't so sure about the French entry... seems she wanted to shake her own head off at one point... and I was going dizzy watching her. :shock:

I always view the voting as 'pick a country you hate, give them maximum points so that YOUR country doesnt have to host the event next year' - kudos to Finland and the other countries who were at the lower end of the score board :D
Post Posted Sun May 17, 2009 2:40 pm
Arthur

Jakob BC wrote:I have nothing but negative eyes on the whole Eurovision Song Contest show. I couldn't point out a single song that I liked. Perhaps the one from Finland, and a bit the song from the hot chick singing to a minimal dance track. Otherwise I have lost all respect for this show. Most of them did not even manage to sing properly IMO. To me it was not a surprise that Norway won. I didn't like it at all, but I couldn't point out something better anyway. Nothing was original and I didn't spot a single catchy track. A handful of them had what you could call talent for singing, however their songs sucked pretty bad, so their voices were left in a shadow.
My thoughts exactly. There goes our road budget out the window. :P
The first thing I thought, was "Oh no, now we'll never hear anything else the next half year".

I don't care if Norway wins, but why does it have to end up annoying the vomit out of me?
I didn't do anything wrong! :blahblah:
"Get those precious little punks off my ship!"
Post Posted Sun May 17, 2009 3:54 pm
Jarp2600

I'm almost ashamed to be Dutch... Image :P
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Mon May 18, 2009 9:40 am
Christophe

Jarp2600 wrote:I'm almost ashamed to be Dutch... Image :P
I can imagine me with "The Toppers"... :mrgreen: :wink:

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Mon May 18, 2009 2:18 pm
MiVo

I wonder why people keep watching it while they know in advance they won't like it.

In fact, I like the Norway song, nothing wrong with my music taste, so Jon, please stop with your nonsence about not having a music taste.
Post Posted Mon May 18, 2009 2:21 pm
Arthur

Well, I might be biased since I'm from the winning country, but it was one of the least annoying song in the contest. What bothers me is that I know it'll annoy me really much from now on, since they'll play that song 10 000 times every place from now on. :(
"Get those precious little punks off my ship!"
Post Posted Mon May 18, 2009 2:57 pm
Jon

MiVo wrote:I like the Norway song. . . . so Jon, please stop with your nonsence about not having a music taste.
Atleast you have a good sense of humour :mrgreen:

Post Posted Mon May 18, 2009 3:06 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

MiVo wrote:I wonder why people keep watching it while they know in advance they won't like it.

In fact, I like the Norway song, nothing wrong with my music taste, so Jon, please stop with your nonsence about not having a music taste.
Well In the end this show is not only about the music. It's a country vs. country show too. It's a strange and different show. But yes I do ask myself why I wasted a whole evening watching it.

2020 Zoolook.nl