Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene tour - questions and general opinions

Post Posted Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:51 am
fbazo

Well, as the topic mention, this thread should be for fans that attend concerts of this Oxygene Tour in at least 2 times..

opinions will be :

- do you think both or more concerts were exactly the same ?
- does Jean Michel talk exactly the same words to the audience in any show ?
- do the sound is exactly the same or there are diferrences ?
- which show and why you will said was better ? and what made it better ?
- which location was the best for this kind of show ?
- do you remember something special that wasnt repeat on other show ?

regards! 8)
Post Posted Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:55 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

fbazo wrote: - do you think both or more concerts were exactly the same ?
- does Jean Michel talk exactly the same words to the audience in any show ?
- do the sound is exactly the same or there are diferrences ?
- which show and why you will said was better ? and what made it better ?
- which location was the best for this kind of show ?

regards! 8)
- Every concert was different. Mistakes, sequences, etc.
- Kinda. But not much. French != english obviously :-)
- Different. Absolutely. Apart from some parts, which I suspect being playback. For example: the lead of Oxygene 12. Having said that, he played that live in Marigny, during the tuning of the old ladies.
- Amsterdam was the best I've seen, sound was very good, less mistakes, etc. And the location (see below)
- Carre is a great location
- Not really.
Post Posted Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:05 pm
antigoon

agree with jones... on most things. RAH was a better venue as in heritage etc.. just not a very good concert place. And because of many PPL I knew throughout the audience I could see from where I was sitting it was also great. (+London is a nice town to visit, specialy since Dr Who was in earls court.. that alone was worth the trip)

about this one:

In RAH there was the chain ofcourse, and the "lady in red" that sat next to Jones.. The last one was pretty memorable ;-)
Post Posted Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:38 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Antigoon wrote:In RAH there was the chain ofcourse, and the "lady in red" that sat next to Jones.. The last one was pretty memorable ;-)
Damn yeah! I dunno where that cleavage went, but you could probably see her navel from up there.
Post Posted Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:14 pm
(Unknown)
Foster parent to lost posts

fbazo wrote:Well, as the topic mention, this thread should be for fans that attend concerts of this Oxygene Tour in at least 2 times..

opinions will be :

- do you think both or more concerts were exactly the same ?
fbazo wrote:- does Jean Michel talk exactly the same words to the audience in any show ?
He talks about the same thing, but with different words. He called his instruments old ladies both times :D
fbazo wrote:- do the sound is exactly the same or there are diferrences ?
There is clear differences in the improvised parts. He used different synths different much in the two concerts.
fbazo wrote:- which show and why you will said was better ? and what made it better ?
The second in Copenhagen. The sound sounded better and the crowd where mor into it.
fbazo wrote:- which location was the best for this kind of show ?
I where in the same place both times.
fbazo wrote:- do you remember something special that wasnt repeat on other show ?
One synth having problems during Oxygene 5
fbazo wrote:regards! 8)
You're welcome :D
This user is not the original creator of this post, but was kind enough to adopt it. If you are or know the original poster, send Dr_Jones a PM here: https://zoolook.nl/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=47
Post Posted Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:36 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

fbazo wrote:- do you think both or more concerts were exactly the same ?
Each concert was different but only slightly e.g. the music output changes depending how the “old ladies” are feeling that day. :mrgreen:
fbazo wrote:- does Jean Michel talk exactly the same words to the audience in any show ?
Speeches are similar with regards to the analogue gear.  The only difference was at RAH, the chain incident, mentioning Arthur C Clarke and Docklands concert. :P
fbazo wrote:- do the sound is exactly the same or there are diferrences ?
The sound was louder at RAH then the Symphony Hall.  As I said before, my seat was vibrating with the impact of the noise. :bravo:
fbazo wrote:- which show and why you will said was better ? and what made it better ?
Symphony Hall was better.  The music was perfect.  (With reference to RAH, the noise level was high, it tended to make the music sound have a high pitch and not enough clarity.  Although, this is just a minor issue.) I had a good comfortable seat and was able to enjoy the concert.  My only concern was that fans were not responding to the music as each track finished.  There was no applause like RAH, in between tracks.  Also, Symphony Hall was more intimate.  I enjoyed the concert at RAH as the atmosphere was far more enhanced.  So in a nut shell, both amazing but if I had to really choose, Symphony Hall. 8)
fbazo wrote:- which location was the best for this kind of show ?
As for location, RAH.  It’s a prominent venue and a beautiful building which is in a lovely part of London.  :fine: 
fbazo wrote:- do you remember something special that wasnt repeat on other show ?
Both concerts, as a whole were special and I will cherish them forever. :love: :kanta:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011