Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

MATT222's covers

Post Posted Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:07 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Upon request of some forum members, I've put all Matt's covers in one thread. A bit over the top to start with a dozen of covers at once, yet perhaps a bit more convenient for those who vote John McCain. Or whatever.

Here we go:

Oxygene 2
Oxygene 4
Equinoxe 4 Partial Test
Equinoxe 4 New Mix
Equinoxe 5
Equinoxe 7.1
Equinoxe 7.3
Magnetic Fields 2 (Docklands)
Magnetic Fields 4 (Sound Test)
Rendez-Vous 4
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:09 pm
AnDrOiD

Nice, I vote Barack Obama, though. :P :nod:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:10 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

So this is to be the earliest ontopic call in history :P
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:19 pm
matt222

Likes given: 2

http://www.mattsynth.co.uk/jean-michel-jarre/ Go to my site for instant downloads

With the exeption of Magnetic Fields 2, I have tried to keep as true to the album versions as possible. There are instances where a minor element or two are missing. This is because I have used up all multitimbral voices on the synths and some keyboards - like the JD800 just don't sound good in multi-mode, there's no seperation.

All the covers are done live in one shot - recorded direct into the pc from my desk.

EQUIPMENT USED:

Akai ASQ10 hardware sequencer, master to:

Clavia Nord Lead 2 keyboard
Waldorf Q nextel blue keyboard ( original rare version with wooden end cheeks )
Roland JP8000
Roland JD800
Yamaha CS1X
Korg DW6000

Small stone phaser x2
Electric mistress deluxe flanger x2
Lexicon MPX100 x2

Anyone struggling to dowload them pm me with an email address and I can send the mp3 direct.
Post Posted Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:14 pm
Equinoxe

Oxygene 2....Superb,Nice to hear an actual cover that includes the Counter melody under the Flute part,that melody on yours is almost 100% exact,so you've been listening to that track hard,well done for transcribing it almost exact...Sound Level is a little Harsh..Although you can hear everything fine it is a little high.What are you using to monitor your levels??

Any chance of a break down of what instrument/Sound used per part??Just curious.

A little more work on the Mixing aspect overall and seperation and spacing of sounds and you've got some nice covers there,not bad at all...

Well Done..
Post Posted Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:22 pm
matt222

Hi Equinoxe, thanks for the positive comments. Yes my mixing experience is amateur.

OXYGENE 2 . 12 elements;

NORDLEAD 2; minipops, bass, sequence, spacy-lazer zaps ( manipulated as I recorded )

WALDORF Q; electronic rain, singular chimes ( at begining ), lead in second part.

JP8000; Eminent strings, main lead-plucks, mellotron flute.

CS1X; Mellotron choir

DW6000; White noise through smallstone phaser.
Post Posted Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:16 pm
matt222

[For better audio access and studio shots go to http://www.mattsynth.co.uk/jean-michel-jarre/
Post Posted Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:43 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3

Equinoxe wrote:Oxygene 2....Superb,Nice to hear an actual cover that includes the Counter melody under the Flute part
That counter melody makes the second part of O2, it's a shame Jarre didn't do any more of them in his later albums.
I like how the album version of the counter melody is not at a constant volume, it comes in and out of the mix and supports the main melody at crucial times. Unlike say at the concerts where it just sounds like some annoying little thing, but that's live so it doesn't count in a way. :lol:
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:05 pm
matt222

Analog-Umph wrote:
Equinoxe wrote:Oxygene 2....Superb,Nice to hear an actual cover that includes the Counter melody under the Flute part
Isn't that counter melody your refering to just the delayed signal of the flute part that I've panned left?

In the second part of Oxy 2 as far as I was aware, there are the following elements ;

Bass, Sequence, flute, eminent chords, noises, minipops, choir.
Post Posted Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:38 am
Analog-Umph

matt222 wrote:
Analog-Umph wrote:
Isn't that counter melody your refering to just the delayed signal of the flute part that I've panned left?

In the second part of Oxy 2 as far as I was aware, there are the following elements ;

Bass, Sequence, flute, eminent chords, noises, minipops, choir.
The way I look at it

1) Bass
2) Drums by MP7
3) EMS EFX
4) ARP2600 Square Solo Flute
5) Melancholy Eminent Flute

The Eminent Flute is replaced by the Mellotron Choir at 5:37

Eminent Chords?
Post Posted Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:48 pm
Equinoxe

Analog-Umph wrote: Eminent Chords?

There is an Eminent String Pad playing Block chords Gm and Dm in unison with the Chord changes of the Bass notes lower in the Mix,Listen hard and you can hear the wash in the background,easier to pick out on the AERO album version.
Post Posted Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:01 pm
Analog-Umph

Equinoxe wrote:

There is an Eminent String Pad playing Block chords Gm and Dm in unison with the Chord changes of the Bass notes lower in the Mix,Listen hard and you can hear the wash in the background,easier to pick out on the AERO album version.
Yeah I always thought the second part was a tad too "busy", for those two flute intruments to carry it alone. Was never sure 100%.

So the string chords, are they second inversions, like the main melody?
Post Posted Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:02 pm
matt222

Equinoxe wrote:

They are 1 or 2 inversions lower than the main part and at a reduced level. But what is the counter melody we keep refering to?

I have also just noticed a mistake right before it changes to the 2nd part. I played the standard Fm chord which should be a Dm for the first time.
Post Posted Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:08 pm
Analog-Umph

matt222 wrote:
Equinoxe wrote:

Yes, the Eminent chords continue through the piece DM / GM just at a reduced level. But whats this counter melody some refer to?
There is a second flute (with original sound coming from the right channel and tape delayed on the left), it's playing a slower/longer melody than the main square solo flute (which is on the left and tape delayed on the right). And the fact that it's playing it's own standalone melody and at a different speed makes it a countermelody.

You've done both very well on the cover.
Post Posted Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:11 pm
matt222

Got you now!

Yes, I never considered the square solo as a flute sound but I know what you mean.

Glad you like the flute solo - difficult one to reproduce.

2020 Zoolook.nl