Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Matrisequencer and Digisequencer

Post Posted Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:38 pm
radek tymecki

when i'll receive some news i'll write bout it :)
Post Posted Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:04 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

radek tymecki wrote:when i'll receive some news i'll write bout it :)
exactly. you can't have news before it actually excists :smoke:

As in - you can't watch todays 8pm news bulletin at 4pm :pwned:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:24 pm
Robi

Comprendo. :P
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:17 pm
AnDrOiD

Does it matter? It's just a fooking sequencer. :punch: :p:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:48 pm
matt222

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

Does anyone know if the Matrisequencer had any form of memory so that whole songs could be stored like equinoxe 5 through to 7 ?
Post Posted Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:02 pm
radek tymecki

it had no memory
Post Posted Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:19 pm
matt222

radek tymecki wrote:it had no memory
So therefore, Jarre must have programmed it and recorded bass and sequence for Equi567 in one shot and all would have been lost once the unit was switched off ?
Post Posted Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:22 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

If you look at pics of the Matrisequencer, you can see that is uses pins (or whatever it is called) as on the Synthi and VCS-3, so I suppose it stays the same way when you power it on, as before it was powered off, just as an analogue synths without memory.
Post Posted Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:42 pm
matt222

Ah yes, I should imagine your right.

I just seem to remember it had a total note limit that would have been less than the total duration of 5-6-7.
Post Posted Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:48 pm
Jakob BC

matt222 wrote:Ah yes, I should imagine your right.

I just seem to remember it had a total note limit that would have been less than the total duration of 5-6-7.
Actually I had to check the picture once again before I wrote my last post to be sure. It's difficult to spot all details and figure out how it works.
Post Posted Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:03 pm
radek tymecki

i think matrisequencer was able to make loops or sth like that
Post Posted Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:30 pm
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3

radek tymecki wrote:i think matrisequencer was able to make loops or sth like that
I think you're right. Equinoxe 5's bass is simple, he could loop a couple of steps. Repeat for the duration of the song. Same with Equinoxe 6, the only place where it gets adventurous is the trasition to Equinoxe 7, after that it's smooth sailing once again.
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:38 pm
Jakob BC

Yes rather than a limited song mode sequence. It's difficult to see how those leds are acting. That said, due to the pin system, I think what you see is what you get. It plays back the pattern we can see on the frontpanel. It would be interesting to see exactly how the matrix works. X must be the amount of steps, and Y the pitch but that still seems unlogical.
Post Posted Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:02 pm
matt222

Do we think then , it plays away while Jarre controls the pattern changes , adjusts the octave range, adds a sequence that dictates the glide points and one perhaps for velocity differences and transposes everything on the fly ?

So the sequence that runs through Equi 6 and 7 is a totally spontaneous one that would be impossible to repeat and all subsequent concert plays have been from tape perhaps or would he have had some form of data recording device that the unit could read ?
Post Posted Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:56 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3

matt222 wrote:Do we think then , it plays away while Jarre controls the pattern changes , adjusts the octave range, adds a sequence that dictates the glide points and one perhaps for velocity differences and transposes everything on the fly ?

So the sequence that runs through Equi 6 and 7 is a totally spontaneous one that would be impossible to repeat and all subsequent concert plays have been from tape perhaps or would he have had some form of data recording device that the unit could read ?
Exactly.

Anyone have a large photo of the M250?
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl