Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

[Spoilers]In-Doors World Arena Tour 2009/10

Post Posted Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:30 pm
Robi

Kanta wrote:Well done, Robi. A very professional article. :bravo:

The return of the prodigal son:
Article (English translation).
"Cinq continents" :P Will this be really world tour? Olala! :D
Jp, please forget me with these questions, America and all others are plans as you can read.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:05 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 44
Likes received  : 70

Nico_Noyau wrote:The last one is a bunch of crap, they don't know at all what they are talking about, what a pity !
It seems interesting, I couldn't understand a word, but I could make out someone saying that the best things he wrote were, paradoxically, the lyrics for Christophe.

It seems they are very negative?
Post Posted Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

More than that... they just talk about things they don't know, and say JMJ is outdated, has been, has no fan...
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:59 am
jeanbatman

The fat guy (who wrote pretty bad lyrics himself) prays Jarre for his lyrics for Christophe, and says the rest of his music is sh**. That Jarre (more than) inspired himself of Pink Floyd and Pierre Henry, but basically has no talent as a composer.

The other negative aspects are on Jarre's youthfull aspect and that his music has been following mainstream all the time. They say that Jarre talks too much of himself as a "pioneer" on synths...

One of the guys explains that Zoolookologie is an idiot tune with Marimbas... :punch:

That sums up the negative side of the whole crap. :x

One other guy (with the glasses) explains Jarre is a real musician with a solid musical background, and that his music inspire young artists in France (Sebastien Tellier above others). And that is right.
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 44
Likes received  : 70

jeanbatman wrote:One other guy (with the glasses) explains Jarre is a real musician with a solid musical background, and that his music inspire young artists in France (Sebastien Tellier above others). And that is right.
I thought they played something of Sebastien Tellier.

Zoolookologie with marimbas?

However, I can imagine Senior Coconut doing that
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 13

Kanta wrote:I go to Paris tomorrow and also see Jean Michel, the master. Au revoir. :mrgreen:
Have a nice trip, madame. Try not to strain your ankle this time. :P :robertdugenou:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:01 am
Robi

Loudest are dulls and dilettants.
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm
melo

In Toulouse article, Jarre said about his son, David Jarre.

David will release a album this year, soon. :shock:
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:31 pm
Jon

Nico_Noyau wrote:More than that... they just talk about things they don't know, and say JMJ is outdated, has been, has no fan...
The first paragraph in that review sums up how the author contradicts himself later on

"80 million records sold"

So an artist who has no fans, who is out-dated, how can this artist possibly sell "80 million records"
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:41 pm
Robi

Robi wrote:"Hi everyone.

Visually, the concert was perfect.
By cons, music side, we were served soup for decibel noise doped!! My (younger) spent the next 3 / 4 of the concert with his hands over his ears I saw a boy of 10-12 years out of the room to the verge of tears in her ears. My wife and I own nationals are disgusted it was so loud that all sounds saturated our ears. It honteux.Et yet I'm a fan of JMJ since my childhood. I'm 35 years old, an amateur musician since the age of 7 years, I used to play and listen to music at high volume, but this was unbearable!! I made myself a joy to see him in concert (it was my first time) and what a disappointment! And I'll spare you the improvisations ... zero ... and endless.

I remain a fan, but am very very disappointed. I rather go see a concert of heavy metal: I thought about taking my ear plugs (my ears still whistling and we are 24/03 15:15) "

... :? :? I don't want to be deaf after the concert.
It is weird that they didn't take the earplugs with them. It is normal that the volume is high, but dunno if it was even higher at this time. For me, I will always take earplugs with me, knowing that I'm going to the concert.
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:57 pm
jp8000

Still earplugs are unnecessary, non-regular things...should be...
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:58 pm
Robi

Seems a no win situation. Music is too loud, spoils the over-all enjoyment of the concert. Wearing ear plugs because the music is too loud again spoils the over-all enjoyment of the concert.

Why doesn't Jarre's mom come along to the concerts. Atleast if he's playing the music too loud, his mom can shout. . . .

"Jean Michel!, turn that music down. I've told you before. You have it up too loud. What will the neighbours think."

That's what moms do.

:mrgreen:
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:04 pm
Jon

:lol: Jon
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:07 pm
jp8000

Jon wrote:Seems a no win situation. Music is too loud, spoils the over-all enjoyment of the concert. Wearing ear plugs because the music is too loud again spoils the over-all enjoyment of the concert.
Why doesn't Jarre's mom come along to the concerts. Atleast if he's playing the music too loud, his mom can shout. . . .
"Jean Michel!, turn that music down. I've told you before. You have it up too loud. What will the neighbours think."
That's what moms do.
:mrgreen:
But his mom was at that concert Robi pointed at... :pwned:
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:35 pm
jeanbatman

Most venues/Countries have restrictions/Guide lines on safe Noise Pressure levels,Jarre and crew would have to abide by those,so dependant on where your seated to the PA would be a personal preference on how much noise you can withstand safely and comfortably.....It also depends on the venue size and capacity also,smaller venues will always be louder by comparison due to reverberation and Human saturation/Reflection of soundwaves

your never going to withstand as much pressure on the ears if you sit nearer to the speakers than someone at the rear of the venue?thats why I never ever sit at the front of any concert(and from a visual restrictive aspect too)

on a more personal level,I have always worn earplugs at any concert I have attended,it has never been any less enjoyable,(infact probably more so as I don't end up with ringing in the ears afterwards),the ones I have are purpose fit to my ears so after a while you don't realise your wearing them they are that snug and comfy,I protect my hearing mainly as its paramount to my ability to do my Job,plus I don't want to prematurly damage my hearing,if anything using ear protection(especially purpose ones)you hear far more detailing in the music as your not being blasted or overpowered by prominent Frequencies in hi and lo ranges

this Guy who complained about the level of db in the Venue,if he was as much a respected musician himself like he claims,then I would have thought using ear protection in such a loud Environment would be paramount to his enjoyment of music,if not sit at home and listen to the CD at a more comfortablel level you can control.Its like someone complaining about the amount of smoke in a room full of people Smoking :?:

2020 Zoolook.nl