Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Jarre in Oslo 2010

Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:15 am
GlennFolkvord

Hey gang,

The official announcement will be made Thursday at 0900 but I can now announce that Jarre will play in Oslo again, on August 28. This has been confirmed by the local promotor. In fact, the contract with Aero Prod. has been ready since February (and planned since October 2009).

But that is not the most interesting news.

The great news is that this will be an outdoor concert, the first one for Jarre in Norway. It will be held at the Akershus Fortress, an actual medieval fortress built in 1299. The concert will be the real deal, complete with lasers, projections and fireworks. This is the first time the fortress opens up all its areas for a big cultural event.

But that is not the only great news either!

The concert will be a multi-artist festival, with one of the top electronica acts of today as a bonus, included in the JMJ ticket. Does the name Röyksopp ring any bells? See full details at http://www.planetorigo.com
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:06 am
Robi

Sounds really great!

On which site can we expect the official announcement of this?
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:35 am
jeanbatman

That's great news Glenn ! Glad to hear it !
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:47 am
SAP

Norwegian readers can read about the fantastic news here http://www.vg.no

My tickets are reserved :lol:
It's more fun to compute
www.electricblahblah.com
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:53 am
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Sounds like the possible best concert ever 8) Thanks for the info. I'll follow it with great interest.
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:09 am
rfoshaug

So this will be a standing (not seated) concert as it is outdoors?
For covers, synth tutorials, and my own compositions, check out my YouTube channel.
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 am
SAP

That is correct. My reservation says "not numbered" where the seatings should be.
It's more fun to compute
www.electricblahblah.com
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:13 am
rfoshaug

Where did you reserve tickets?
For covers, synth tutorials, and my own compositions, check out my YouTube channel.
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 am
SAP

billettservice.no

...or you can call 815 33 133
It's more fun to compute
www.electricblahblah.com
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:44 am
rfoshaug

Thanks for the info. :D

Still wondering a bit if I should go... I'd prefer a seated concert instead of never knowing how close to the stage you'll be. Also, I'd go to see Jarre, so those first several hours would just be standing and waiting for the bigwig himself to arrive.

Hmmm... thinking hard about this now... :)
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:47 am
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

OMG, über excellent, can't wait to have some more news about it :P
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
SAP

In my mind there is nothing to wonder about. Just go!! You'll probably regret it if you don't...
It's more fun to compute
www.electricblahblah.com
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:52 am
rfoshaug

Probably. :D

Does anyone know how large an audience Akershus Festning can take?
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:08 pm
Elisabeth

Awww..and I said the concert tonight will be my last Jarre concer....what did I think??t!!! :roll:

I live near Oslo in August...and I will be so busy....but it is not possible my dear Jean Michel and fans...not to go!!

Thanks for the great surprise...I will be there!!! :nod:
:P
Post Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:35 pm
Jon

Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

2020 Zoolook.nl