What sequencer you use? and why?

Post Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:52 pm
JPQ

What sequencer you use? and why?
Post Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:54 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Sony ACID.
Because it's as well an audio and midi sequencer, and a vst hoster.
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:20 pm
jp8000

Cakewalk Sonar studio version 8.5.3, because I have used to it.

(this was one of the reasons why I chose PC than the Imac)
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 pm
Jarp2600

Cubase and Pro Tools.
I have an old MC300, but I rarely use it. I am planning to buy an MPC... :)
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:43 pm
Equinoxe
Likes received  : 1

guess I'm the only one who's using oldskool Hardware methods.....I use both an Akai MPC4000 and a Roland MV8800

I Use these mainly as I prefer to stick to Hardware sequencers and both the MV/MPC allow me to compose and record in a Very Live way,So I can add a live playing element to the sequencing Both Machines are very easy and quick to use without the need to sit for hours doing tedious fine adjustments to MIDI data,(although i do some of this after)and they allow me to work in a way that I can keep writing/Composing and simply build tracks as I go without interupting the workflow or inspiration,

I've never found a decent software platform that allowed me to work in a quick and intuitive way like this without losing enthusiasm or having issues with timing and syncing running large Midi hardware rigs or spending more time combing the fine details with a mouse,I've used many software sequencers,just was never satisfied with the timing(except the old Atari/Cubase,Roland MV8800 is very much like Cubase/atari style when used with monitor/mouse)

The MPC is the main sequencing source in the studio simply as its the main central Hub to the midi gear because of its midi outputs the MV is a secondary sequencer(because it only has 2 Midi outs and I need 4 For all the Midi gear I have)the MV is used with a Triton synth for composing/getting ideas down as its not in my studio,so I use this to compose on away from the studio

The only software sequencer I use(minimally) and would look to use in the future(To maybe replace the MPC/MV) would be Record/Reason(if they included External Multiple Midi control,although how much I would use it would depend on its Midi timing With a large hardware setup)I do Like the V4 sequencer update,but just prefer to sequence everything from the MPC4K,including Reason used as a sound module rather than its own sequencer simply because I love the MPC workflow and know the sequencer inside out
Post Posted Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:50 pm
states

2 x Doepfer MAQ 16-3 (r3.5)
ARP 1601
Cubase 5.5
Live Suite 8.1.1

i much prefer to structure my material (improvise) on the analogue machines and simply record onto the DAW's.. but, then, again.. this is the way i got accustomed to doing things..
sequencing on software bores me to death these days, although, i did go through a 100% "in the box" phase in the early 00's.
Post Posted Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:22 pm
Mr Pitch

Cubase SX3, because I used Steinberg software for a long time and I totally "in situ" with his logic ( :pwned: ). I also use Reason 3.0 but more than a big Rewire VST than a sequencer.

Next step should be an iMac with Logic studio 9 before the end of the year.

First software I used in 1995 was Cakewalk 3.0 and weel, I still have it, sometimes useful ...
it is not the music which is electronic, but the instruments
Post Posted Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:01 am
Beelooo
Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

Sonar 6 LE because it was offered with my Edirol PCR800, and because i had to replace my outdated LOGIC Audio 5.2 (thanks emagic to sold it to Apple....).
Post Posted Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:26 am
Analog-Umph
Likes given: 3

states wrote:2 x Doepfer MAQ 16-3 (r3.5)
ARP 1601
Cubase 5.5
Live Suite 8.1.1

i much prefer to structure my material (improvise) on the analogue machines and simply record onto the DAW's.. but, then, again.. this is the way i got accustomed to doing things..
sequencing on software bores me to death these days, although, i did go through a 100% "in the box" phase in the early 00's.
Are you the same "states" from KVR?
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:34 pm
Stereokromatik

Sonar 8 for sequencing, and for live, actually Yamaha Qy 700... a good seq :pwned:
Post Posted Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:40 pm
gb

Cubase 5.
Post Posted Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:23 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Logic 8
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:06 pm
AnDrOiD

The sequencer. :punch:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:30 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

AnDrOiD wrote:The sequencer. :punch:
Doh.

I use the one on the left. :robertdugenou:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 am
AnDrOiD

GeeJee wrote:
AnDrOiD wrote:The sequencer. :punch:
Doh.

I use the one on the left. :robertdugenou:
The one in Reason hasn't got a name. :punch:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl