Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene IV played on claw/toy machine

Post Posted Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:35 pm
Ethnicolor

There's this movie theater I go to, and One day I went, I could've sworn I heard Oxygene IV. The next time I went back with some friends, I realized that it was coming from the coin-operated toy machine with the claw- you know, the rigged ones that usually don't work because of the angle of the glass? Next time I see a movie I'll bring my camera along to take a video of the Oxygene-playing claw machine. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
PIRATEZ MOI!
Post Posted Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:55 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Yeah, them synthesizer-tunes playing machines are all over the fairground here..
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:50 pm
Ethnicolor

When I heard it, I was like "Oh my god, the toy machine is playing JMJ's Oxygene IV!" And everybody, even the dude behind the snack bar looked at me. XD
PIRATEZ MOI!
Post Posted Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:40 pm
Pat Gleeson

Likes given: 303
Likes received  : 16

They have been around for quite a few years - I remember a thread on the old defunct jarre@clic.net forum about this. :D
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:31 am
Ethnicolor

Pat Gleeson wrote:They have been around for quite a few years - I remember a thread on the old defunct jarre@clic.net forum about this. :D
Cool.
PIRATEZ MOI!
Post Posted Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:48 pm
Jon

I recall hearing Oxy4 back in the 80s on a arcade machine while on a day trip to Blackpool.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:44 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Ethnicolor wrote:you know, the rigged ones that usually don't work because of the angle of the glass?
Or perhaps the grip itself is too slippery or soft until enough tries has been carried out to pay the costs of the damn prices. :fine:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:52 pm
Ethnicolor

Velodynamic wrote:
Ethnicolor wrote:you know, the rigged ones that usually don't work because of the angle of the glass?
Or perhaps the grip itself is too slippery or soft until enough tries has been carried out to pay the costs of the damn prices. :fine:
Yeah, that too. I don't think I ever saw anyone win that thing.
PIRATEZ MOI!
Post Posted Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:31 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Ethnicolor wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:
I did. I was so desperate to get the price for my girlfriend, I tried a couple of dozen times.. XD
Post Posted Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:09 am
Ethnicolor

GeeJee wrote:
Ethnicolor wrote:
Velodynamic wrote: Or perhaps the grip itself is too slippery or soft until enough tries has been carried out to pay the costs of the damn prices. :fine:
I did. I was so desperate to get the price for my girlfriend, I tried a couple of dozen times.. XD
So, how many quarters did you have to spend? XD
PIRATEZ MOI!
Post Posted Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:29 pm
docklands88

I remember hearing oxygene 4 on those claw machines ever since I was a child on holiday in spain (around 95ish) now I hear it all the time when the fair comes to town. Its quite common place.

How it wound up on those machines is what i would like to know.
Concerts Attended :

Tour 2010: Cardiff CIA 06/10/10
Electronica World Tour: Cardiff CIA 04/10/16

Favorite Concert: Destination Docklands 1988
Post Posted Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:54 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Ethnicolor wrote:
GeeJee wrote:
Ethnicolor wrote: Yeah, that too. I don't think I ever saw anyone win that thing.
A couple of dozen.
Post Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:35 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

GeeJee wrote:
Ethnicolor wrote:
GeeJee wrote: I did. I was so desperate to get the price for my girlfriend, I tried a couple of dozen times.. XD
A couple of dozen.
A dozen of couples. :P
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE

• 2020 Zoolook.nl