Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Remastersed Albums 2014 and 2015

Plenty of things have been released throughout the years: albums, books, tapes, DVDs, even watches and condoms! Discuss'em in here!

Moderator: L'equipe Zoolook

melo

Remastersed Albums 2014 and 2015

Post by melo »

The sound engineer David Perreau, posted on Facebook a photo in studio (Bougival?), Informing the remastering of the album Zoolook ....

The Jarre had said that their new album and their remastered back catalog would be released by Sony Music, is now expected.
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
melo

Post by melo »

You got a link to the account? Can't seem to find it...

I'd like to kindly ask him not to screw up these remasters like the entire previous bunch of albums were messed up pieces of garbage, and that's not counting his latest Jarre related fuck up called Singles and Rarities...
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Velodynamic

Post by Velodynamic »

Very promising notice. :)
Mr shadow stresses a very important point. The devil is in the details. Quality! Not quantity. :wink:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Dr_Jones
Likes given: 1
Likes received  : 1

Post by Dr_Jones »

https://www.facebook.com/david.perreau.52?fref=ts

I haven't friended him, so I can't see much of his posts.
jeanbatman

Post by jeanbatman »

shadow wrote:You got a link to the account? Can't seem to find it...

I'd like to kindly ask him not to screw up these remasters like the entire previous bunch of albums were messed up pieces of garbage, and that's not counting his latest Jarre related fuck up called Singles and Rarities...
I hope that's why Jarre asked how the fans liked the mastering of E&R…

There is some hope for this not to occur a re-release but bonuses… #Dream :hypocrit:
Finaero

Post by Finaero »

Oh, I seem to have missed the whole "Jarre's back at Sony" thing. Well, remember what happened the last time... >.<

Still, here's hoping there will be something better to wait for than what happened with the new 2013 Vangelis remasters. Still not expecting anything truly groundbreaking, but eh, time will tell.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Finaero wrote:Oh, I seem to have missed the whole "Jarre's back at Sony" thing. Well, remember what happened the last time... >.<

Still, here's hoping there will be something better to wait for than what happened with the new 2013 Vangelis remasters. Still not expecting anything truly groundbreaking, but eh, time will tell.
Oh please don't tell me those are bad, I've been planning on getting them all for Christmas! The 2006 remastering of Chariots of Fire and the 2007 (and '13) remastering of Blade Runner are amazing! Didn't think Vangelis would let a bad mastering through when he'd be involved! :(
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Dr_Jones
Likes given: 1
Likes received  : 1

Post by Dr_Jones »

shadow wrote:
Finaero wrote:Oh, I seem to have missed the whole "Jarre's back at Sony" thing. Well, remember what happened the last time... >.<

Oh please don't tell me those are bad, I've been planning on getting them all for Christmas! The 2006 remastering of Chariots of Fire and the 2007 (and '13) remastering of Blade Runner are amazing! Didn't think Vangelis would let a bad mastering through when he'd be involved! :(
worse, he pulled a George Lucas, altering the original content. Elsew.com has a review
shadow

Post by shadow »

Reading it right now:

I don't neccesary mind the changes that much (there's always the vinyl records which are mastered excellent), it is a bit of a downer that the original masters haven't just been re-released in higher quality (I think I have a general idea of what it will sound like now due to his modern work). But oh well, I was almost afraid that the Loudness War had taken over, so it's not that bad I guess...

Edit: Direct and Page of Life are completely uneffected minus some volume correction and equalization? Well good, those were the two I wanted the most anyway! :P
melo

Post by melo »

Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
jeanbatman

Post by jeanbatman »

melo wrote:Interview with David Perreau

http://en.jeanmicheljarre.es/interview-with-david-perreau/
I've registered to "Yakuda" as suggested in the interview, we'll see what goes ahead…
Finaero

Post by Finaero »

So he's the one responsible for remastering the 2011 Rarities release?

Um.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Yes and that put a big dark grim over my current expectations of his upcoming fucku... Ehmm... I mean remasters...
Robi

Post by Robi »

At least someone else - except Jarre - also mentioned the new album.
It has more credibility. Quoting the Spanish forum...
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
melo

Post by melo »

From Yakuda Audio Studio (David Perreau)

Live in China, Houston Lyon, Jean Michel Jarre remastering in progress! Amazing wide, warm and depth sound! A real new experience!

Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert: