Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene 14-20

Post Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:44 am
Glco8284

Oxygene 1 39:44
Oxygene 2 (7-13) 41:12
So Its in between Yes It was Nice if it was longer, but its not.
Post Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:25 am
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

He could have made the tracks as long as each titel. Part 14 - 14 minutes, part 15 - 15 minutes...and so on. :P (j/k)

Do you think that he'll release new remaster/remixing of Oxygene 7-13 or just re-release the old one as it is?
The DR of the few existing vinyls are fantastic but the CD's are pretty baad...
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list? ... ygene+7-13
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:28 pm
Glco8284

I hope he does the Same as the 30th anniversary of oxygene if you put them together and listen trough the headphones left old right new you hear some new things but you must listnen very good.
Post Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:43 pm
Jote

Online Now
Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

I doubt that. I am, however, curious which version of Oxygene 1-6 will be included in the trilogy - the original, or the 30th anniversary (with "new things" and Oxygene III/IV linked together)
Post Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:43 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Yikes. I must say it's going to be rather disappointing if parts 14-20 aren't mixed into a continuous mix by default (or an A/B-side continuous mix like in the original Oxygene), so I hope that the separate continuous mix track is just for people who want a single file/track for the entire album. ;]

Also, I expect the new vinyl version of Oxygene 7-13 to be based on the CD master rather than the vinyl master from 1997, with the main difference being the different start to Oxygene 10. Or maybe this time Oxygene 9 will end in a new way as well. Would be nice. :)
Post Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:57 pm
Jote

Online Now

Finaero wrote:Yikes. I must say it's going to be rather disappointing if parts 14-20 aren't mixed into a continuous mix by default (or an A/B-side continuous mix like in the original Oxygene), so I hope that the separate continuous mix track is just for people who want a single file/track for the entire album. ;]
I'm with you on this one, but given that the separate tracks are basically the same length as the continuous mix there's a fair chance that the separate tracks are either fully continuous or make up two continuous mixes (A side and B side), like Oxygene or Oxygene 7-13.
Post Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:40 pm
SebAudio

Jote wrote:
Finaero wrote:Yikes. I must say it's going to be rather disappointing if parts 14-20 aren't mixed into a continuous mix by default (or an A/B-side continuous mix like in the original Oxygene), so I hope that the separate continuous mix track is just for people who want a single file/track for the entire album. ;]
I'm with you on this one, but given that the separate tracks are basically the same length as the continuous mix there's a fair chance that the separate tracks are either fully continuous or make up two continuous mixes (A side and B side), like Oxygene or Oxygene 7-13.
I'm too obsessed with "continuous Mix" : it will not be Oxygène if the tracks were seperated.
However, except for part 1 to part 2, there are not so much "transitions" in between tracks in JMJ first album.
Post Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:49 pm
Goudeskitchen

I think the continuous mix will group them all together but I'm not sure if that's just for Amazon as their mp3s are usually encoded with a pause at the end and beginning of each track which is SO annoying when you listen to it through their music service!!

The only other thing I'm wondering about is the deluxe box and whether it will be language-specific for each country (i.e. UK version will have the book text in English, German version will be in the German language etc.) - I've ordered mine from Germany (as Amazon UK is being very cagey on the details of it) which luckily I can read and speak German but would prefer an English-languge version if they will be different? Don't suppose there's any news on this front?
Shows attended:

06/10/2010: Tour '2010': CIA, Cardiff, Wales
04/10/2016: Electronica Tour, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, Wales
08/10/2016: Electronica Tour, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England

My stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/jonathangoode
Post Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:09 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

I'd presume that the boxes will be available in English and French only. Will be much cheaper that way. ;]

In any case, I think the Amazon.fr page for the boxset also has the cover art in English. Of course, it's still subject to change (I guess), so...
Post Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:45 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

I guess there's a continuous mix because you won't hear the mp3 "gaps" between the tracks. Otherwise, I'm also going to be bummed.
Post Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:43 am
Jote

Online Now

Dr_Jones wrote:I guess there's a continuous mix because you won't hear the mp3 "gaps" between the tracks. Otherwise, I'm also going to be bummed.
I really hope that the separate tracks make up two continuous "suites", A and B side (like Oxygene I-III and Oxygene IV-VI) - if they are indeed continuous they have to because of the vinyl release. And that the continuous mix merges the A and B side together (like Oxygene I-VI on the 30th anniversary edition). That would be the best of both worlds.
Post Posted Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:17 pm
Jote

Online Now

Not sure if it was mentioned, but LP side A is parts 14-16, B is 17-20.
Post Posted Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:56 pm
jarrepaul

Very little info available on this release
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:36 pm
Jote

Online Now

True. But it is a welcome change after the gradual reveals of Electronica.
Post Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:04 am
Jote

Online Now

These are supposedly track times of the "trilogy" release of Oxygene I-VI

Oxygene, Pt. 1 [07:40]
Oxygene, Pt. 2 [07:46]
Oxygene, Pt. 3 [03:16]
Oxygene, Pt. 4 [04:06]
Oxygene, Pt. 5 [10:15]
Oxygene, Pt. 6 [06:36]