Oxygene 14-20

Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:53 am
Finaero
Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Mine says (on Amazon.de) that it will be shipped on Dec 5th and should be here between 10 Dec - 14 Dec. I think this marks the last time I'll pre-order anything from anywhere. :P

Oh well, gonna listen to it on Spotify tomorrow. Woo.
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:06 am
Velodynamic
Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Finaero wrote:Mine says (on Amazon.de) that it will be shipped on Dec 5th and should be here between 10 Dec - 14 Dec. I think this marks the last time I'll pre-order anything from anywhere. :P

Oh well, gonna listen to it on Spotify tomorrow. Woo.
Yup same here. Hard to see the point of the pre-ordering procedure these days other then giving the label a hint of selling statistics.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:38 am
Velodynamic
Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

/double post
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:50 am
Jote
Online Now
Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

My box set order is apparently ready to be picked up from the store. ~6 hours to go.
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 am
Brendan

Can anybody confirm whether the continuous mix is any different from the individual tracks? I'm guessing it's the same, but I can't listen to it until my CD set arrives today. It doesn't seem to be available on Apple Music.
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:00 am
Elf
Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 3

My review of the album -> http://www.musikknyheter.no/anmeldelser ... Jarre.html

It's in Norwegian, but I guess you can google translate it.

It's a bit similar to the one I wrote here a few days ago, but in a less nerdy way, so that the average reader can keep up.
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:24 am
Dr_Jones
Online Now
Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

What are the contents of the book? Can someone enlighten us?
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:42 am
Goudeskitchen

Dr_Jones wrote:What are the contents of the book? Can someone enlighten us?
Yep, it is mostly larger pictures of the synthesizers used on all of the Oxygene albums along with some other things such as the studio lighting used and the images of the master tapes of the three albums.

Won't say anything else though as don't want to spoilt it for everyone!!
Shows attended:

06/10/2010: Tour '2010': CIA, Cardiff, Wales
04/10/2016: Electronica Tour, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, Wales
08/10/2016: Electronica Tour, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England

My stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/jonathangoode
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:46 am
Dr_Jones
Online Now
Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Are the fan photos in it? The ones we submitted? (if you don't want to spoil things, you can PM me)
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:54 am
Jarreshair

Well I've played the cont. mix a couple of times on Amazon Music (no CD yet), threw good headphones, and I'm still undecided about the album. It is very minimalistic (even more so than the original) and quite ambient (which is not my favourite version of Jarre, I would have preferred a couple of more melodic upbeat tracks as in Oxy 7-13). But it's a nice enough sounding album, maybe about the same standard as Chronologie, but less grandiose sounding. I will give more thoughts when I have played it more.
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:27 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Just went to one of the last REAL recordstores in the second biggest city of Denmark.
Nerd recordstores are the only options left for music like Jarre.
Even standard Electronic stores have stopped selling records and cds.

Ah but anyway I got what I came for the LP and the CD.
I thought about the trilogy box, but that is a lot of Money to spend just before Christmas.
And then Again I mostly want it for the daylight version artwork of Oxygene 7-13/Oxygene 2.

That updated blue artwork, does that really appear as a seperate piece in the trilogy box?

I would really like to see some images of it :wink:

And a nice day to all of you :D
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:34 pm
Robi

Still waiting for you cd, but I listenned to the whole album.

And,,,,

nothing can beat the first opus, but this brand new can beat Oxygene 7-13!!

The excitment still new, I do like the whole record , espaciall closing theme.

9,5/10 ! :)

Oh, I found myself on jmj.com with the #OxygeneSeries photo collection.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:43 pm
Jarreshair

Not that chart positions matter that much, but I noticed that the album is very low at Amazon UK and France. I'm sure the Electronica albums were a lot higher at this point. Is it already performing poorly or have Amazon just not got their charts updated as yet, and it's too early to tell how it is performing?
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:15 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

I habe no idea about what these charts can be used for. I have never discovered new music from charts. It must be the reason why I am drawn by the more underground genres.
If you make a simple analyzis of Oxygene 3 and compare the pop level to The Beatles pr Maroon 5, you probably have the answer. Electronica was full of wizards from the popscene.
Unless you wanna compare the average allround popularity of music, you should necer concern about charts.

Trust and make your own conclusions and opinions instead.

Btw. A suprise for me was that the standard Oxygene 3 vinyl is clear transparent.
I thought that was for the trilogy only.
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:50 pm
lacobo

Can't stand it: Pre-ordering an album to get it as one of the last persons on earth. That's why I download new albums in Flac 24bits/48Khz as soon as they come out (last night at 01:15). So I have the Oxygene Trilogy downloaded now. Already placed on my HDAudio walkman and home stereo (HAP-S1). When I find the CD later in a store 'in the wild' I buy the album as well, just to keep the Jarre collection complete.

And what a joy the new album is: Oxygene 14 is a very fine start of the album. O15 and 16 are fine as well. O17 I skip (listened to that song way to many time), 18 is a bit slow, but then Oxygene 19! Wow, even a couple of chords of "Why this and why that". And as icing on the cake Oxygene 20 with a briliant volume build-up.

Bert.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl