Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene 14-20

Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:07 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Jakob BC wrote:Btw. A suprise for me was that the standard Oxygene 3 vinyl is clear transparent.
I thought that was for the trilogy only.
I've asked this before but never got an awnser, so now I know. But still I'll frame that record because I freaking love it!
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:39 pm
ChoccyUK

Wasn't expecting Oxygene 3 triology to arrive just yet but Amazon France has delivered already to UK! I won't see it til christmas though.
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:49 pm
Leandro

Just listened to Oxygene 3 for the second time. Its something that will take quite a long time to get my mind around. It's filled with so many emotions.
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:33 pm
shadow

So the UPS is expecting to deliver the package on the 4th instead of the 6th or even 7th as Amazon has said. That's great news! :D
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:44 pm
VinylScratch

Looks like the Oxygene 3 CD has squashed dynamics as usual: DR6.

How does the vinyl version fare in comparison?
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:48 pm
starmike

The trilogy is on acousticsounds.com 24/48.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.c ... =oxygene+3

I have the 24/96 release of Oxygene from Qobuz.
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:39 pm
shadow

VinylScratch wrote:Looks like the Oxygene 3 CD has squashed dynamics as usual: DR6.

How does the vinyl version fare in comparison?
Well that's a bit of a shame. How's the vinyl for those that have given that a spin?

Or ripped :nod:
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:12 pm
dobyblue

Leandro wrote:Just listened to Oxygene 3 for the second time. Its something that will take quite a long time to get my mind around. It's filled with so many emotions.
Ugh, I was so excited to read that post from Elf from Nov 1 in this thread that stated "with an analogue approach (no loudness war!) "

I can't believe an artist at JM's level doesn't have the abililty to either a) tell the label HE controls approval on the mastering or b) demands two masterings so a 24-bit fully dynamic mastering is available for those who enjoy listening on good hifi equipment.

All the original masterings from Oxygene up to Cousteau sound fantastic. :(
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:33 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

A quick photo of the standard version LP
I have not listened to the LP yet. Perhaps it's just a stupid idea to have my turntable storaged at my parents' :punch:
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:43 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

The ending to Oxygene 15 reminds me of the track Body Language/Crazy Saturday(?)/Metamorphoses.
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:06 pm
shadow

Jakob BC wrote:A quick photo of the standard version LP
[url=http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g237/Synthprophet/20161202_140033.jpg]Image[/URL]
I have not listened to the LP yet. Perhaps it's just a stupid idea to have my turntable storaged at my parents' :punch:
This is awesome!
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:53 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

FYI: the "Oxygene Trilogy" release of Oxygene 1-6 brings back the chirping birds at the end of "Oxygene pt 3", so I suppose this is the original mix, not the 2007 slightly reedited version of the album.
Post Posted Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:08 pm
Elf

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 3

Jote wrote:FYI: the "Oxygene Trilogy" release of Oxygene 1-6 brings back the chirping birds at the end of "Oxygene pt 3", so I suppose this is the original mix, not the 2007 slightly reedited version of the album.
"Reedited version" He he. That's a good description. Re-recording my ass :)
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:00 am
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

As soon as someone is sitting with the giant trilogy box, please post some Photos or description of the content.

As far as I can see, the box is supposed to contain three sleeves coloured purple, green and beige. One contains all three cds, one is supposed to contain the vinyls and one is supposed to contain the print/book/something?

However this image is often shown aswell, but all this cleaned up digital Photos, seem to confuse a bit.

Is this actually in it? Vinyls?:
Post Posted Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:08 am
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Jakob BC wrote:As soon as someone is sitting with the giant trilogy box, please post some Photos or description of the content.

As far as I can see, the box is supposed to contain three sleeves coloured purple, green and beige. One contains all three cds, one is supposed to contain the vinyls and one is supposed to contain the print/book/something?

However this image is often shown aswell, but all this cleaned up digital Photos, seem to confuse a bit.

Is this actually in it? Vinyls?:
I can't take a picture now, so let me try to describe it:

The beige one contains 3 CDs.
The lilac one is NOT a sleeve. It IS the book itself.
The green one contains the vinyls and in addition it also contains three thin sleeves that look exactly like in the picture you posted.

There's also a 60x60cm poster of the new "sideways skull".

Hope it's clear now?

• 2020 Zoolook.nl