Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pet shop boys

What Kraftwork? Papathanassiou who? Aggh, don't deny it, there's more then just Jean Michel... discuss it here!

Moderator: L'equipe Zoolook

Dr_Jones

Post by Dr_Jones »

plate of chips wrote: Which is another way of saying Stuart Price did most of the music , PSB added vocals few bits here there.
This is the most absurd thing I've read regarding PSB and that includes the rumour that Pet Shop Boys got their name from a sexual practice which involves hamsters.
plate of chips

Post by plate of chips »

Dr_Jones wrote:Pet Shop Boys got their name from a sexual practice which involves hamsters.
You mean they didn't ?? :wink: :smoke:
Dr_Jones

Post by Dr_Jones »

plate of chips wrote:Super being PSB by themselves mainly sounds as castoffs from Electric or PSB trying to do Stuart Price.
Tank is nearly empty.
Also, this is the 2nd most absurd thing I've heard.
1. Super is produced by Stuart Price, and is the 2nd of 3 albums they're going to make with him. So Super is not them trying to be Price, it's Price producing their songs for a 2nd time.

2. Never have I've seen such a prolific band as the Pet Shop Boys. Since 2006 (the year Fundamental came out), they've released 5 albums, a scrore for a ballet and a musical play based on the life of Alan Turing. Plus two albums worth of b-sides and non-album tracks. This says something about the quantity, not the quality. But the albums released in those 10 years include Fundamental and Electric, both regarded as high-quality albums.

Oh, the Dictator Decides is based on a track by Vivaldi btw.
Finaero

Post by Finaero »

Fully agreed with Dr_Jones.
Velodynamic

Post by Velodynamic »

Dr_Jones wrote: Oh, the Dictator Decides is based on a track by Vivaldi btw.
Yes it's Filiae Maestae Jerusalem Rv. 638.
You can recall it from the violin part.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
plate of chips

Post by plate of chips »

Dr_Jones wrote:Super is produced by Stuart Price, and is the 2nd of 3 albums they're going to make with him.
Super is not them trying to be Price, it's Price producing their songs for a 2nd time.
It really shows :nod:

Dr_Jones wrote:
This is the most absurd thing I've read regarding PSB.

Also, this is the 2nd most absurd thing I've heard.
Now these are absurd :punch: :wink:

Fan of PSB since (EEB)WEG.
Domino Dancing one the most memorable synth hooks. Love Comes Quickly for me the most poignant synth pop song.

Alan Turing totally dig it.
PSB performing Royal Opera House upon inivitation.
Definitely worth getting tickets.
Christophe

Post by Christophe »

Even a big fan of PSB will take the biggest s**t as a masterpiece. They don't see that they are human like you and me and can make (big) mistakes! Nobody is perfect. :wink:

Jean-Michel Jarre have big masters**t too! I don't like so much the 2001-2007 era (Sessions 2000 until Téo & Téa) of him. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Wow this album!
Totally blown away!
I think is even better than Electric.
It's like they have more "experience" making this kind of music.
Electric had three of four numbers still on my playing list.
Actually this has everything on my list!

The Dictator Decides is a damn good song.
Finaero

Post by Finaero »

http://petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts/2017 ... ck-england

I'm actually rather pleasantly surprised that PSB still remembers Brick England. Neat video, too.
Finaero

Post by Finaero »

http://petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts/2017-04-04/reissues

Looks very much like we're getting "Further Listening" style special releases. ;)
It is with great regret that Pet Shop Boys have to announce the cancellation of their re-scheduled L'Olympia show on June 5th 2017 because it has been brought to our attention that, under French law, certain integral parts of the show production, in particular the lasers, cannot be used indoors. France is the only country in the world that has this law and no other shows on the SUPER world tour are affected. Attempts to find a suitable outdoor venue in Paris have been fruitless.
Uh... what? Does PSB really use way more lasers than JMJ?
Christophe

Post by Christophe »

Finaero wrote:http://petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts/2017-04-04/reissues

Looks very much like we're getting "Further Listening" style special releases. ;)
It is with great regret that Pet Shop Boys have to announce the cancellation of their re-scheduled L'Olympia show on June 5th 2017 because it has been brought to our attention that, under French law, certain integral parts of the show production, in particular the lasers, cannot be used indoors. France is the only country in the world that has this law and no other shows on the SUPER world tour are affected. Attempts to find a suitable outdoor venue in Paris have been fruitless.
Uh... what? Does PSB really use way more lasers than JMJ?
Very ridiculous explanation from Neil and Chris. Jarre use a lot of lasers too and never got problems with that in France. :roll: :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Dr_Jones

Post by Dr_Jones »

Christophe wrote:Very ridiculous explanation from Neil and Chris. Jarre use a lot of lasers too and never got problems with that in France. :roll: :wink:
Guess who lives in France and who doesn't?
Finaero

Post by Finaero »

http://petshopboys.co.uk/news/2017-06-0 ... -1985-2012

Continuing the Further Listening series from 2001.

Even though a lot of those tracks have been easily available in the Format compilation album a few years back, there's still enough new stuff to keep me interested. Of course, I already own the 2001 Further Listening editions. ;)

That's how you make a release, Sony. Kraftwerk and PSB are getting it done right.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Not sure how much of the Jarre re-releases is on Sony and how much on Jarre himself. But the lack of even a single bonus track on his re-releases is inexcusable. Well on top of the terrible remastering of course. Gotta give other artists such as PSB, Kraftwerk, Vangelis and Mike Oldfield a round of applause for that.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Dr_Jones

Post by Dr_Jones »

Quite some unreleased songs and demos this time. And also some things I've been looking for for ages (Don't Know What You Want extended mix!!!)

Looking forward to the Yes tracklists too. Let's hope that has the 4 "My Dad's A Birdman" songs they composed for a child's play.