Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe Infinity - 16 November 2018

Plenty of things have been released throughout the years: albums, books, tapes, DVDs, even watches and condoms! Discuss'em in here!

Moderator: L'equipe Zoolook

Dr_Jones

Post by Dr_Jones »

jeanbatman wrote:This smiley is the symbol of the struggle between men and machines... :pwned:
That is absolutely true!
jeanbatman

Post by jeanbatman »

Jarre doing the album Kraftwerk ought to do for 15 years now...
Herr Dunkel

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Re: Finaero's comment "Quite the Division Bell-like cover art there."

Quite true! Something majestic about the statues of the watchers, Easter Island-like, just like those of The Division Bell, especially the "stone" version used for the cover on cassette.

Too bad the Équinoxe Infinity image is mere CGI with 3 copies of the same statue. Photoshop / CGI are cool, but designers often go the lazy way with the the easy copy / paste. It's photo-realistic but ultimately looks fake. The Division Bell statues were real objects (albeit in fiber glass, not metal / stone) and photographed for real in a field. That makes the pictures better.

It should be interesting to see both variants of the cover. And listen to the new music, of course! :-)
Concerts: 2017: Upper Darby < 2010: Lille, Liège, Paris < 1997: Lille < 1990: La Défense
Dr_Jones

Post by Dr_Jones »

JMJ himself describes it as "Equinoxe on steroids", he said afterward the Hamburg presentation.
Velodynamic

Post by Velodynamic »

Please mr. Jarre don't screw it up this time... :P :mrgreen:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Oxynoxe

Post by Oxynoxe »

Jote

Post by Jote »

Tracklist is available for the box-set at amazon.de.

As I predicted, disc 1 is Equinoxe 1978, disc 2 is Equinoxe 1978, disc 3 is Equinoxe Infinity, disc 4 is Equinoxe Infinity. Discs 2 and 4 are likely vinyl (I don't think they will be cassettes this time)
Dr_Jones

Post by Dr_Jones »

Apparantly there's going to be a jewelcase release:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H657XG2

And a digipack release:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H63Q3S7/
rinogurr

Post by rinogurr »

jeanbatman

Post by jeanbatman »

Where did this pop from rinogurr ?
Dr_Jones

Post by Dr_Jones »

Ah, there's the "dark" cover.
jeanbatman wrote:Where did this pop from rinogurr ?
You can see that image, if you click on the links I posted. They are just added.
rinogurr

Post by rinogurr »

jeanbatman wrote:Where did this pop from rinogurr ?
Amazon:
https://www.amazon.de/Equinoxe-Infinity ... e+infinity
Dr_Jones

Post by Dr_Jones »

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
jeanbatman

Post by jeanbatman »

None of the two covers are optimist for me. On the first one, the people are disabled. In the second they are being killed (I don't think of suicide at that point)...
Herr Dunkel

Post by Herr Dunkel »

I thought the same. The first cover didn't make me think of "man living in harmony with nature" as the PR blurb mentioned, it made me think about nature *after* mankind. With remnants of "civilization" in the form of those statues (provided they were not made by extraterrestrials ;-)
Concerts: 2017: Upper Darby < 2010: Lille, Liège, Paris < 1997: Lille < 1990: La Défense