Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Bells synth

Post Posted Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:30 pm
Blatman

Likes given: 46
Likes received  : 25

Hello ! Do you know which synths have been used for Bells ? Especially the lead sound (bells... 😁).

There are many fx sounds also, If you have any idea of where they come from, it could be interesting !

Thank you for your help !
Post Posted Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:27 pm
Wax Mango

Likes received  : 10

The intro reverse noise noises and the scraper noise are both samples from Cuckooland Unhinged. You can also find the samples in software such as Zero-G Altered States. I can't share the samples as the licence doesn't permit it.

The bell lead, I believe is a preset from the Roland XP-80/JV-2080. The actual bell sample at 2'44 onwards is a sample from Spectrasonics Distorted Reality. Again, can't share as it's from a library...sorry!

Almost every track in Metamorphoses uses a sample/loop from either Cuckooland or Distorted Reality (1&2) and the loop collection, Metamorphosis, as well as Liquid Grooves (C'est La Vie) also from Spectrasonics. The loops from Distorted Reality are included in Stylus RMX as bonus packs.

The Roland Vintage Synth module (or JV-SR04) expansion was also used throughout Metamorphoses, so I would say it likely that the more 'vintage' sounds of choirs etc. probably came from there - or the Raven, but the choirs in the Raven don't sound as clean as those heard on bells.
Post Posted Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:23 pm
Blatman

Hello Wax Mango !! Thank you for those details !!!! You know many things about Jarre software/hardware ! That is impressive !
Post Posted Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:04 pm
Blatman

I found 2 samples on the Cuckooland Unhinged CD : Double Doors and Thump Creak. They are part of the intro of the track.

If you have names of other samples for this track do not hesitate ! I think there are many sounds in backgrounds, especially in the intro.
Post Posted Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:40 am
plate of chips

Likes received  : 21

Appreciated Blat & Wax.

I'm interested to find where JmJ borrowed from.

Silent Hill horror game series starting 1999 soundtrack by Akira Yamaoka,
probably one of the more well known use of Spectrasonics Distorted Reality.

JmJ really likes Eric Persing's sound design starting from Roland D50 for JmJ.

Eric Persing (Spectrasonics founder and creative director) is one the most influential sound designers of the last 40 years. His sounds been used on so many films, games, albums.

Just a few days earlier an article with top10 Sample Packs that influenced Electronic music (well a minor aspect of Electronic music to be exact)
Distorted Reality is num4 (num1 & 3 are by ZeroG* that did Cuckooland)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.musicr ... packs-ever

*(ZeroG Nostalgia https://zero-g.co.uk/products/nostalgia
has samples of ARP 2600, Eminent 31U, Fairlight, Elka Synthex including Laser Harp.
I have it as it's on sale £28 at 55% reduction
and would recommend it).

• 2020 Zoolook.nl