Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The Official "Quasimidi- Raven" thread

Post Posted Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:30 pm
radek tymecki

Dr. Who wrote:I have a ton of gear and need another board like a hole in the head but I have a chance to get a Raven at a cheap price. Is it worth it for about $300 to $350 bucks. I pretty much stick with ambient soundscapes these days. Lots of soundtrack type stuff. Occasional track with a faster beat. I've heard it's similar to an MC-505. Is this true?
No. JX305 is MC505 with keys....

Raven is sth diffrent... I think U can buy it for 300$ - it's really nice syntha and IT'S NOT dance machine like some say :)

Great for sequencez-evolving pads-choiry soundscapes etc :) it has also few perc sets :)
Post Posted Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:59 pm
Dr. Who

Hmmmm... perhaps I'll look into it. I could definitely use some evolving pads. I have to admit there is some allure there since it is a Jarre synth. PLus it's good to hear from several people that it's not a "dance machine."

Ah... the JX-305. One of the first synths I ever bought. Not a very popular synth, but it was one of my first so I loved it.

@Radek
Just curious, are you using your Raven mostly for pads or do you build sequences with it and build around it with other synths? Just trying to get an idea from a new Raven owner where it sits in a mix. If I can swing a deal for under $350 I might just pick one up. :lol:
"No matter where you go... there you are."
Post Posted Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:48 pm
radek tymecki

I mostly use Raven for arpegiators/sequences and choiry pads and some sick drones :P
Post Posted Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:01 pm
scottylad

Hello, all. I have a rare Raven for sale, with the Max expansion. This unit is in overall excellent condition. The blue metal is immaculate, as is the display. The wooden end cheeks also look great! This unit has been very well taken care of.

Imperfections: Sadly, this unit has experienced yellowing of the keys. The keys on one side are darker than the others, so it appears to have been left in the sun. This might be remedied with retrobrite. (The keys might also be source from Fatar, as they are apparently the compatible with the K5000.) Also the headphone jack has some low-level white noise, but the audio outputs do not have this issue. Other than these items, it's hard to imagine finding a unit in better shape.

I am located in Hollywood and can send pics upon request.

Price is $850, prefer to sell via eBay/Paypal but wanted to offer it here first.

-Scott
Post Posted Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:39 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

scottylad wrote:Price is $850
You do realise we're waaaaaaay past the 1st of april, right? :robertdugenou:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:02 pm
scottylad

GeeJee:

Now that wasn't kind. This is becoming a very rare synth, and this one is in great condition. The Motivator, and the ability to create musical phrases and send them out over MIDI, is very powerful. Even if not using the built-in sounds, it makes a great controller. I've been discovering that many of the synths of the 90's are in some ways superior to today's offerings. After all, a lot of great electronic music comes from that era!
Post Posted Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:23 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

I'm just saying that that price is far from realistic. I have seen those being sold for around 400$.
Reality has never been kind. ;)
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:22 pm
radek tymecki

yup. in, for example, germany u can get one for 300-400 $
Post Posted Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:35 am
Equinoxe

I think it depends on your Location,Certainly in the UK(going by Ebay ones I've seen)The Raven seems to have gone up in Value slightly.

The Raven only holds an air of mystery Value due to The minimal amount of units made/Bought and lack of people knowing about it per se and now Quasimidi No longer in existence,other than that its simply another Rompler thats only worth as much as someones willing to pay for it,try your luck on Ebay,you may strike it lucky or fall flat,again depends on location and abundance of Units in your Region certainly Europe you'd struggle to make your price

$850 seems a little high given its not in 100% cosmetic condition,When your looking at getting a good price for it flip the coin and look at its condition as a prospective buyer,Would you be prepared to buy it at that price like that with yellowing keys for that Value,I know I wouldn't.

I'd expect a mint condition with the maxx Board would be more in the region of 2/3rds of that value,mine only cost me £150 UK pounds and it was mint condition with the maxx Board fitted that was Four years ago....hence starting this Thread,but would still struggle to sell it for double that now!even with its pristine condition.

There's a Raven On ebay,Starting price is a little High,I tend to think this puts people off Bidding...Still anything goes with ebay But I suspect this won't attract any bidders
Post Posted Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:17 pm
Blatman

Likes given: 46
Likes received  : 25

Hello all ! Any chance to have the Raven samples uploaded again ? All links are outdated and unavailable :( I am very interested in o7 and o10 sounds ! Thanks for your help !
Post Posted Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:43 pm
Blatman

The 'PrfC-35:Palmin' preset :

....playbacked on the Mellotron MK2 (lol)

Have you spotted other presets on this synth ?
Post Posted Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:47 pm
Blatman

I've found the Chants Magnétiques 2 Oxygene Tour version intro sound which is "CMIVoice B-102" with the Motivator set to GATER.

Also I found the Oxygene 10 arpeggios "PercObi B-001" with the Motivator set to ARPEG UP.
Post Posted Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:08 am
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Does anyone know where I can get that entire tour? I fucking love that version of the track and really want to hear the rest!
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:28 pm
Blatman

Hello !!! Here is my first Raven demo about Oxygene 10, everythihg is played live from the Raven, sorry for all sync issue, it is just to test this song on the Raven. I still have few sounds to add.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoK15qyeQcQchcdd9FZ ... Q?e=yEX3iO
Post Posted Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:55 am
Blatman

I just found out that the Oxygene 7 choir sequence is also a preset from the Raven. If you got this synth try the FullChor B059 sound with the motive 1 from bank F 😉😉

Btw if you know other motives used by jarre i am interested ! There are so many in the synth...

• 2020 Zoolook.nl