Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Full Docklands Live and Loud! Restoration Now Uploaded

Post Posted Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:13 pm
Domestos

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 5

:mrgreen: This is some good work - like magic! Always loved these radio broadcasts. This also further supports my earlier 'the drums are live' theory :mrgreen:

Only quibble I have is that it sounds slightly sped up or pitch-shifted?
Post Posted Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:57 pm
Flip Martian

Likes given: 5
Likes received  : 8

Domestos wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:13 pm :mrgreen: This is some good work - like magic! Always loved these radio broadcasts. This also further supports my earlier 'the drums are live' theory :mrgreen:

Only quibble I have is that it sounds slightly sped up or pitch-shifted?
Thanks; glad you enjoyed. As for whether its not at the right speed...I don't know - JM sounded pretty normal when he was speaking, to me. I didn't hear anything alarming so never checked it against original recordings. If it bugs you, feel free to tweak it :)
Post Posted Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:51 am
AERO62

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 53

An interesting find I just dug out. This was my syncing work... Not the best, but it was better than nothing :)

Post Posted Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:13 am
AERO62

A little sneak peak of the next restoration I'm working on.... This one is quite a task. The video came from a damaged tape. But it looks like there was more than 1 tape... Perhaps from 2 nights? And it seems it was salvaged/sliced back together in the wrong order. The fragments jump all over the place. There is a lot of stuttering/framerate issues. So I've improved it a little, but not perfectly. Not to mention, it's very difficult to know which projections came out at which time. I wasn't at the concert and the official vhs is edited to oblivion. So I had to basically improvise here... The sound is from BBC radio. Although I'm probably going to use the NRJ version in the final edit. While BBC matches the concert slightly better , NRJ is the highest quality broadcast recording that is available.

Post Posted Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:49 pm
Flip Martian

Likes given: 5
Likes received  : 8

An admirable job - possibly at the moment with a bit too much of that "old VHS" vibe, given the wow and flutter warbling on the audio - but if you're changing that to the NRJ one, cool. Nice to see more of the aerial shots. Must admit I didn't enjoy the Radio 1 or NRJ versions due to the weird sound mixes (neither of which I could rescue), hence me going with the audience one. Serves me right, given it took so many man hours to improve but hey, there we go. Glutton for punishment, me...
Post Posted Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:40 am
AERO62

Well. It is an old VHS :D Also it appears that BBC and NRJ are the broadcasts from the same night. Even though when I downloaded it, the readme file claimed the NRJ one is from the second night. But yeah, there is no extra solo in ethnicolor so it's safe to assume it wasn't the second night. I'll try to integrate the solo from the source file.

I checked out your recording also... It is actually quite similar to what I have done to it in the video link with corrected sound minus the wind. Nice effort. Too bad it wasn't top of the line equipment the taper was using. Can't get much better no matter what we do to it.
Post Posted Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:29 am
AERO62

Finally finished

Post Posted Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:31 pm
nexxxus

Likes given: 99
Likes received  : 23

Fantastic ! As if we were there... it makes me nostalgic

• 2020 Zoolook.nl