Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Can anyone help me recognize these drums in Jarre's 2005 concert?

Post Posted Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:30 pm
Blatman

Likes given: 46
Likes received  : 25

Yes I was talking about Stylus RMX. I Will check in the library of the sound is present. As it is a huge library maybe I have missed it. I will double check.
Post Posted Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:41 am
ddemkoo

Likes given: 1
Likes received  : 6

Thanks a lot mate! Let me know if you find anything interesting! :)
Post Posted Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:11 pm
ddemkoo

Eyy status update:

Been a while, unfortunately I haven't found any new leads. I went around and asked more pro old school musicians but they didn't recognize any of the drums. Searched the whole net around Jarre and drums, Samard, and asked several sound library companies if they recognized it, nothing. I kind of let go of the whole thing, pretty much being a drop of water in the ocean kind of deal. Unless I randomly stumble upon I think it's a dead end here.

My final thoughts would be maybe one of the Battery (1 or 2) from Native Instruments? It looks like they had a similar system of presets building, I know Samard used Native instrument softwares, so who knows! It's long been discontinued and I haven't found any remaining pieces of this plug-in on the net.

Btw I decided to gift myself this Stylus RMX :) (in general am into old electronic sounds like that). Remembering your post Blatman I took a chill day to search if I could find any of the sounds in there but I haven't. Jarre used some Spectrasoncis gears but probably not Stylus.
Post Posted Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:28 pm
Blatman

Likes given: 46
Likes received  : 25

Jarre was using a lot the XL7 and the MP7 during this period (2004-2005) maybe you can find the drums on these synths ?

Stylus RMX has been used for Oxygene 17 but it is about 10 years after.
Post Posted Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:32 pm
ddemkoo

How unlikely! https://www.vanacoremusiclibraries.com/track/1653903

I finally managed to find the Inkmaster's video soundtrack! Check out the "Bravado (PercBs)" version, it contains clearest version of the drum loop. I'm sure it's still multiple of them layered. I will try to look up the composer's names later

• 2020 Zoolook.nl