Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Vangelis LATEST NEWS

Post Posted Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:44 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Yeah, the Vangelis forum is closed.

Speaking of Voices, I had more or less ignored that track and the album until the release of The Collection in 2012, after which I found myself strangely fond of that track (not the album, though). Then again, I've suddenly started to like the Electronic Night album version of Together Now a lot this year, so I guess it's just the effects of time. ;)
Post Posted Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:39 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Finaero wrote: Then again, I've suddenly started to like the Electronic Night album version of Together Now a lot this year, so I guess it's just the effects of time. ;)
It makes me think of Crazy Frog's version of No Limit when I listen to that album. ;)
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 pm
Finaero

Just got the Spiral 2013 remaster... well, it's not that bad. A bit more space/trebley and the extra track (previously released on a 7' single only, IIRC) is nice. 8)

... the packaging, however must be from the cheapest stock. Just trying to get the booklet out of the front slit/compartment resulted in a 1.5 cm tear in the front cover. A shame.
Post Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:21 am
shadow

Likes received  : 35

I'm not sure if there was a reprint, but I really liked the packaging on the 2013 remasters in actual 2013.The actual remasters however... Yeah those I truly didn't like (outside of Direct and Page of Life).
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:45 pm
Aneka65

Likes received  : 3

Woow. New page views, Vangelis ?? can you go there find Forum? http://www.elsew.com/vangelis.htm
Change.
Post Posted Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:00 am
plate of chips

Likes received  : 21

I think we can say as a composer, improviser, keyboard player Vangelis is beyond JmJ.

However in terms of brilliance Vangelis JmJ same level.

Vangelis Nocturne piano latest release classic tracks interpreted piano, new piano tracks.
Post Posted Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm
shadow

Nocturne is a really enjoy album, the old tracks sound absolutely terrific! Hearing 1492 played on the piano and harp together is godlike!
Post Posted Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:52 pm
Big time

I think we can say as a composer, improviser, keyboard player, JMJ is lightyears beyond Vangelis.

In terms of brilliance JMJ is lightyears beyond Vangelis.

Any 5 year old is better on a piano than Jarre, but he makes some great sound design :)
King of smileys :D
Post Posted Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 pm
Robi

I would argue with the brilliance part.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:40 pm
shadow

Big time wrote:In terms of brilliance JMJ is lightyears beyond Vangelis.
As much as I love Jarre... Yeah, no.
Post Posted Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:22 am
plate of chips

Likes received  : 21

plate of chips wrote: Vangelis Nocturne piano latest release classic tracks interpreted piano, new piano tracks.
These piano interpretations hold up ever so well.

As synthesizer artists reach 60s 70s becomes
1. Far Harder to compose a synth album weaving textures sounds diverse synthesis.
2. Far Easier to improvise on one or two instruments as piano strings harp.
3. Far Easier just set a sequence play pads solos fx bits n pieces over the sequence.

Therefore at nearly 70 for JmJ to compose a synthesis album as EquInifinity is quite something.

Those here in our 20s 30s 40s wont understand this.

Thus Remember what I have said for the rest of your Creative Lives : Create NOW whilst you still have Juices Flowing in you.
Post Posted Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:37 pm
Finaero

I've been listening to the Rosetta album more often these days, and it still pisses me off that the audio distortion in "Sunlight" is present in both CD and LP versions, and to my knowledge hasn't been fixed at any point.

To me it really is so damn noticeable and ruins the track quite a lot (especially considering how climactic it's supposed to be). Crikey.
Post Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:18 pm
shadow

Yeah, that distortion was never fixed. It's on two tracks and I'm surprised that it slipped through honestly.
Post Posted Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:47 pm
Finaero

Alright, got this one recently as well:

https://www.discogs.com/Vangelis-Spiral ... e/15361081

Compared to the 2013 remaster, there's definitely less treble going on and the audio sounds very similar (but not identical) to a previous CD version I've got.
Last edited by Finaero on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:42 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

NASA released a new video with Vangelis music.

It's not from Vangelis' next album Juno To Jupiter, which will come out in December.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl