Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Tangerine Dream

Post Posted Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 am
Jon

Likes received  : 1

According to Amazon, TD are releasing an 2 disc expanded version of the Warsaw concert on the 30th May, 2011 :bravo:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Poland-Warsaw-C ... -1-catcorr
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 pm
Jon

Jon wrote:According to Amazon, TD are releasing an 2 disc expanded version of the Warsaw concert on the 30th May, 2011 :bravo:

Expanded Expanded Edition ?

That's a first I think ?
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:46 pm
Dominc

Dominc wrote:
Jon wrote:According to Amazon, TD are releasing an 2 disc expanded version of the Warsaw concert on the 30th May, 2011 :bravo:

Expanded Expanded Edition ?

That's a first I think ?
That's really non-information on Amazon's part, without a track listing of some kind. :?
EDIT: Amazon USA is even less informative:
http://www.amazon.com/Poland-Warsaw-Con ... s_ep_dpt_1
It's more fun to compute on the Autobahn
Post Posted Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm
computerhythm

Sure, with Froese smearing D50 factory patches all over the place, like he´s done with all TD reissues so far. This world doesn´t need yet another tangentized version of any pre-Froese/Froese era TD.

Stephen
"If we have an enemy at all, the Control Process is that enemy. It is vital to short-circuit this Control Process." (Genesis P-Orridge)
Post Posted Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:17 am
Jon

computerhythm wrote:

Sure, with Froese smearing D50 factory patches all over the place, like he´s done with all TD reissues so far. This world doesn´t need yet another tangentized version of any pre-Froese/Froese era TD.

Stephen
Doesn't bother me. . . . I don't have that album as a physical anyway.

Post Posted Mon May 16, 2011 3:02 pm
Ethnicolor

Edgar Froese has some good solo albums, too.

The song "Tropic of Capricorn" is about 20 minutes, but it's godly.
PIRATEZ MOI!
Post Posted Mon May 16, 2011 9:01 pm
Memory Cords

computerhythm wrote:Sure, with Froese smearing D50 factory patches all over the place, like he´s done with all TD reissues so far. This world doesn´t need yet another tangentized version of any pre-Froese/Froese era TD.

Stephen
I agree with this 100%. I absolutely LOVE Tangerine Dream's original recordings from the 70s and early 80s. But these new rerecordings and remixes destroy the character of the original tracks.

The new Froese/TD recordings just sound lazy, bland presets slapped over boring drum loops, he doesn't put any thought into sound design or atmosphere anymore. The same with Chris Franke, his modern music is terrible compared to his time with Tangerine Dream.

All the original Virgin years recordings (1973 to 1983) are classics in my opinion, equal with Jarre's work.

I hope that Froese and Franke will go back to their old vintage analog synths one day like Jarre has. But unfortunately I think that these days they are only interested in paying the bills, they can't be bothered actually making real music anymore. It's really sad.
Post Posted Mon May 16, 2011 10:23 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

I think TD lost it in the early 90s already. I've seen a live show on DVD a while ago, man.. it's all gone all the way new age w/ panflutes and stuff. Seriously, that sucks.
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Tue May 17, 2011 8:40 am
qube

TD was greater than the sum of its parts, the partnership between Froese and Franke produced IMO the best electronic music there is, however once parted neither really did anything of interest. Franke initially impressed with 'The London Concert', 'Pacific Coast Highway' and Klemania which contained all the DNA of the classic TD sound but he promptly abandoned that in favour of basic TV scores. The quality of Froese' output seems to depend upon which musicians he hires but even then it just sounds tired and without direction. IMO it's only Haslinger and Schmoelling that can still produce good music.
Post Posted Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:53 pm
Black Bird

is this really Tangerine Dream ? :hide:

http://www.amazon.de/Tangerine-Dream-Un ... 033&sr=8-1

I can `t believe ...... :shock:
Post Posted Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:03 pm
qube

yeah it's a crying shame what Ed has dragged the bands name through.
Post Posted Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:12 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Geeez
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:12 am
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

I've never really understood TD music, nor erlier nor later.
I mean what's it all about seriously? :P
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:11 pm
Black Bird

I love their music, sometimes more, sometimes less. But this publication looks like nonsense
:?
Post Posted Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:57 pm
qube

I have this record, they claim it was for just a bit of fun but for me it just further illustrates how Froese has lost any sense of direction.

from 1970 to 1986 TD were the greatest music force in the universe, but Ed never knew when to quit and just keeps endlessly churning out about 4 or 5 CD's per year of bland-o-rama wallpaper music, just have no interest any more.

However I did see him live in May and he looked very frail and thin, often having to use the equipment on stage to help him get on and off, a shame really as he (along with Chris Franke, Johannes Schmoelling, Paul Haslinger, Peter Baumann) were (and still are retrospectively) real musical heroes of mine, seeing the founder fade like this is a little heartbreaking.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl