Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Depeche Mode

Post Posted Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:35 am
Robi

Official TOTU release by 8th November

Standard DVD edition (1 DVD, 2 CD)
Deluxe DVD edition (2 DVD, 2 CD)
Blu-ray edition (2 Blu-ray record)
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:51 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Thanks for the news. Anything official yet?
Robi wrote:Deluxe DVD edition (2 DVD, 2 CD)
Want. :nod:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:21 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Robi wrote: Blu-ray edition (2 Blu-ray record)
I copy that. :robertdugenou: 8)
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:34 pm
Robi

'Tour of the Universe - Live In Barcelona'
DVD and Blu-ray released November 8th, 2010 (Europe), November 9th, 2010 (North America)

Full details, including track listings and cover art, are on depechemode.com.
Post Posted Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:49 pm
AnDrOiD

Not the best of their tours. :pwned:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:19 pm
Velodynamic

AnDrOiD wrote:Not the best of their tours. :pwned:
Although one of them...tours that is. :robertdugenou:
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:27 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

Picked the blu-ray and digi-pack versions up of the 'TOTU'. Blu-ray is outstanding quality, both in terms of picture and audio. Shame the bookelt is so badly produce with low rate images which are grainy.

The digi-pack version I wanted for the CDs. The DVD is also in excellant audio and picture quality. I decided to opt out on the DVD boxset.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:27 pm
Robi

Studio works

Post Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 pm
Robi

Robi wrote:This is such an info when have been waiting about a jmj album...

Some info about the new album.

In todays(30th april) paper edition of my local newspaper,Göteborgs-Posten,(Swedish) there is an interview with a guy called Christoffer Berg.

He is currently working with DM on their new album.

He has spent the last month with the band in Santa Barbara, CA helping out programing the bands synthesizers and creating sounds for the new album.

According to him there will be three more studio sessions this year, the next one in four weeks time. No date for the new album has been set yet.

The article finishes with Christoffer saying "The material for the new album is exceptional good and some of the songs will be classics"
Extremely good news! Thanx Rob. :clap2:
Post Posted Sun May 13, 2012 12:49 pm
Robi

Setting up new studio

Post Posted Tue May 22, 2012 11:58 am
Robi

- We have begun to record the album. I have written 6-7 songs, Martin has 13 or 14, we play into all, and we’ll see what we include on the album. I think three or four of my songs will be included, so it gets more than before. The album seems to have a strong sense of blues. Not as “Violator” and “Songs Of Faith And Devotion”, but definitely more blues, and more directly. We will take good care of it, not to overproduce this time. “We will try not to overproduce this time. No sounds are included that are not necessary. If the melodies are good, they don’t need more.”. “Sounds Of The Universe” was a little too much production, too smooth, too much was going on, according to Dave Gahan who claims that his enthusiasm is as great now as at the start.

- You can not force out good music. It is a delicate thing. So with Depeche Mode, albums come when they are supposed to do so. And they are not like they were planned to be.”
Post Posted Sun May 27, 2012 7:27 am
Robi

Post Posted Tue May 29, 2012 6:22 pm
Robi

Post Posted Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 pm
Robi

Dave Gahan:

“I’m working in the studio with my band at the moment, and a lot of the stuff Martin’s written, it’s actually speaking to me,” he says, referring of course to Martin Gore, Depeche Mode’s chief songwriter. “I feel like, once again — it hasn’t happened for many years, he’s written some great songs, but there was a time around Violator, Songs Of Faith And Devotion, where I felt like — I even said to Mart, ‘Are you writing these songs about me!? Or using me as your muse’ or something? I mean it wasn’t that obvious, and I was a lot younger then, but now there’s songs that he’s written for this particular project that we’re working on right now, there’s a few of them where I’m right in there. We seem to be really clicking right now, which is great. And it could just be that I’m in a place where I can hear something. I feel like I’m singing better as well. Like I’m singing in a different way with a lot of these songs that I’m working on now, and a lot of that came from the Soulsavers record.”
Post Posted Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:20 pm
Velodynamic

2017_ New Single: Where's The Revolution

- JEAN MICHEL JARRE

• 2020 Zoolook.nl