Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Do you like Royksopp?

Post Posted Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:49 pm
melo

Likes received  : 1

Röyksopp: "Electronic music would not be as it is without Jean-Michel Jarre"
Svein: Lovebirds, "Want You In My Soul" ! It's really good, everyone loved him. There are elements of house but also progressive house. It sounds like a classic but in a good way. Everything is there: the voice of the soul singer, the woman's voice on the chorus, the bridge ... it's a piece that unifies, I think that's why we played at the end. It is often praised Yello, Art of Noise, Kraftwerk and Depeche Mode, and of course Jean-Michel Jarre, Vangelis. Jean-Michel Jarre was a huge influence for us during our childhood and adolescence. The first three or four albums, Oxygene, Equinoxe ...

Torbjørn: Zoolook is not too bad! And the song " Computer Weekend "in Revolutions.

Svein And some Rendez-Vous also. Electronic music today would not be as it is without him. We met there a few times and he expressed our love for music. He returned the compliment us on our music and Senior. And this is not something that came out of his assistant, he actually control the thing and showed a deep knowledge in terms of electronic music. It was good to hear. In terms of influences, I think it has been abused and it is just a shame.
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:42 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

wow, that's a great acknowledgement.
Post Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:42 pm
ChoccyUK

I thought I could hear flavours of Oxygene and Equinoxe in some of Royksopp's tracks ;)
Post Posted Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:11 am
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

"I Had This Thing" - NRK P3

"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:58 pm
Elf

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 3

Dr_Jones wrote:wow, that's a great acknowledgement.
That's basically exactly the same things Röyksopp told me when I interviewed them here in Molde during Molde International Jazz Festival in 2011. I was wearing my Equinoxe t-shirt, and we talked quite a lot about Jarre after the interview was over.

Unfortunately this interview was never published, because while I was talking with Röyksopp, Anders Behring Breivik went apeshit and killed over 80 people at the labour party's youth camp at the island Utøya outside Oslo. Naturally the newspapers had other concerns the next day, and the concert with Röyksopp was cancelled when it dawned on us what had happened.

When I was supposed to interview Jarre in Bergen later that year I met them again. I was backstage, all ready to start talking to Jarre, when the duo walked in the door. Because of this I had to cancel my interview since Jarre was going to talk to them about a possible cooperation (I got to the interview later and it's posted in English here on this forum).

When Svein saw me he asked me if I was the one who had interviewed them on that dreadful day of all the killings. I confirmed and he said: "I should have known we would find you here".

A fun moment.
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:12 pm
Velodynamic

The Japanese edition of "The Inevitable End" has a bonus track called "I Just Don't Understand You".

- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed May 13, 2015 6:36 am
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Velodynamic wrote:"I Had This Thing" - NRK P3

This performance is bliss. This track like Jamie Irrepressible in general, had to grow on me, and now I simply love both the track and that very dark bright-voiced melancholi Jamie can perform and express.
The album hits the emotions of the theme invitable end super well. This is how you can close a chapter as well as other happier endings.
Post Posted Wed May 13, 2015 8:00 pm
ChoccyUK

Velodynamic wrote:The Japanese edition of "The Inevitable End" has a bonus track called "I Just Don't Understand You".

I just don't understand ;) why this didn't make it onto the other release it's superb, thanks for the link :D
Post Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:56 pm
Velodynamic

Royksopp's tribute to Star Wars. They give us...

Royksopp - Bounty Hunters (Star Wars Headspace)

This track is going to be a part among tracks from other artists on a tribute album called "Star Wars Headspace" produced by Rick Rubin and Kevin Kusatsu.

Some other tracks can be found HERE.

Image Image
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:35 am
Robi

I bought "The inevitable end" album and it 's great.

Somewhat already other, but very Röyksopp also, of course.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:39 am
Velodynamic

A new poppy single is out now with Susanne Sundfør

Never Ever
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:01 pm
Velodynamic

Never Ever trippy music video:

"The whole idea of us going away from the whole album concept was that we do have many musical expressions that we want to do," said Torbjørn Brundtland.
"One of them might be a club track, but we don't necessarily want to do an album of it. It's that way with 'Never Ever' — we love it, but we don't need 12 tracks like it."

[src:] http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... eo-w442259
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:25 am
Velodynamic

Röyksopp Live @ Moscow Stadium 17/06/2017

- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:58 pm
Robi83

Likes received  : 14

An announcement due on 1st January.
Post Posted Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:39 am
Robi83

Likes received  : 14

The new track, "The ladder" is just mindblowing!!!

• 2020 Zoolook.nl