Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Zoolook

Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:59 pm
Livgivare

Tell us what you think of this album here.

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:06 pm
Ronja
English Moderator

I love this album, it's in my Top 3 :)

Even if it consisted only of "Ethnicolor" I would find it genial...great idea and great realisation.
That's why I name JMJ "the Master"! :D
> BlahBlahCafe TEAM :D

www.jeanmicheljarre.pl team
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:08 pm
Feffeli

This is one of JMJ's lushest albums, it seems. Instead of exploring the grandiose majesty of space, this album really has a very human touch to it that makes it a very agreeable break from JMJ's usual formulae at the time.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:11 pm
Livgivare

Personally I think this album is both hillariously fun and great at the time. the head track Zoolook was probobly the first Jarre song I heard, but didn't know it was his work.

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:46 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

This album is alot different from the other albums. It's a special album and weird if you aren't familiar with it. The great use of samples from humans isn't comparable to his other albums. I used to connect JMJ with use of human sounds in music.
When I was younger and heard Ethnicolor, I was affraid of the track, I only knew about the first part at that time.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:09 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 2

Very different and experimental, very good too. When I was a kid, PLD Ethnicolor somehow scared the shit out of me, so I didn't like that track much then. I listened to rest of the album pretty much (and usually the later half of Ethnicolor), I really liked the music. And still do.

Unlike then, my ultimate favorites are Ethnicolor (perhaps my most favorite Jarre track ever, in fact) and Zoolookologie. I admit I don't listen to the rest of them that much, except when I have my Zoolook listen-a-throughs.

I can do this and not feel bad at all too:

10/10
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:30 pm
AnDrOiD

I love this album! :mrgreen:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:40 pm
Christophe

It's a lovely album. :wink: 8)

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:47 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

I loved it instantly when I had bought it. Very very good! No comments left, I guess... :D

Oh.. 9.5/10
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:58 pm
AnDrOiD

I was very disappointed when I got a copy of the album on cassette tape, back in '84. Too distant from what I was used to with Oxygene, Equinoxe and Magnetic Fields. The only relief was that I was considered a bit cooler in my bro and his friends eyes, when listening to it, cause Zoolook and Zoolookologie were very cool with the whole electric boogie scene going on.

I love the album today and has for many years!
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:12 pm
Jett Moonwing

Ah, I still remember listening to my dad's Zoolook tape when I was very young. I guess it was the first thing that really sparked my imagination. I used to imagine various strange creatures making the sounds I heard on the tape. One of them happened to be a weird over-sized mantis type thing...and then years later of course, I saw a vid of Paris La Defence. I was surprised to see that the giant silver mantis during Zoolookologie was not far off the mantis I had imagined as a kid! :shock: :P
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:15 pm
jp8000

10/10
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:32 am
Bj-1

My introduction to Jarre! Still among my favorites by him. Not perfect, but VERY interesting, almost avant-gardistic album. Excellent! 8.5/10
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:19 am
jarrekid

It used to scare me when I was 4....

Absolutely fantastic album. Funk + Linn + Synths. Bloody brilliant. 11/10.
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:57 am
PMgep

Ethnicolor... WOW!
Heaven has a beer volcano

2020 Zoolook.nl