Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

ABBA - Swedish supergroup

Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:45 pm
Livgivare

Hey come on, everyone know of ABBA so tell us what you think about this group.

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:01 pm
Christophe

ABBA has really good songs... :) :wink:

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:02 pm
AnDrOiD

I listened to Abba back in the 70's (who didn't?). We kids listened to it, our parents did too. A repertoire of very catchy melodies. I don't listen to them any more, though. Watched a live performance with them last New Years Eve, brought back many happy child memories. Agnetha Fältskog was sooo hot, every boys dream. :D
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:46 pm
Christophe

My mother (her name is Rita Ahlström) has Swedish roots (Her Grandfather was Swedish). She looks in the 70's like Agnetha.

She listen to ABBA in the 70's, she has many LP's from this supergroup... :D :wink:

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:27 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

ABBA has definately some great songs. Should pick up some extensive compilation someday, yay. Couldn't agree more about Agneta, Android! YAY! :D
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:43 pm
CLUBMIX
Representative Admin, Discography Expert

that was the band who turned down US$1billion for a reunion.... ::pray::
Official Zoolook Partner
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:29 pm
Livgivare

CLUBMIX wrote:that was the band who turned down US$1billion for a reunion.... ::pray::
That is what I call being really into one thought and never fail from it. I kinda respect them for it.

Love Leelene
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:15 pm
Big time

Abba is the best pop group EVER!! :D :D I LOVE THEM!!!! :D :D
Post Posted Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:21 pm
PHASEREFFECT

I like Benny´s abilities , if you consider, that he learned everything by himself. Just look into the "Gimme,gimme,gimme" Video, i´m each time astonished how its fingers fly over the keys. He has also somehow a nice and calm radiant emittance. I believe, if ABBA would be a kind of "way of life", then the world would be nowadays much more colored. That´s what i´m missing.

Stef
Post Posted Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:39 pm
Equinoxe

Likes received  : 1

Leelene wrote:
CLUBMIX wrote:that was the band who turned down US$1billion for a reunion.... ::pray::
That is what I call being really into one thought and never fail from it. I kinda respect them for it.

Love Leelene
ABBA dont really need a reunion.....it wouldnt make them anymore popular than they are today.....

And besides....Most people tend to revive their careers,for one reason alone and thats financial gain....I'm sure that ABBA could live comfortably on all the royalties they receive from Airplay on radio,and continued album sales,which is without the wealth they already have...

I like a lot of ABBAs music and recognise them as a huge influence over pop music,and a very unique group,to revive their career would be like trying to force feed what theyve done in the past....If they were to reunite ,personally i would like to see new material,and not reawakeining whats was potentially a massive peak to their career
Post Posted Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:01 am
Bj-1

They have some OK songs, but I don't really like'em overall..
Post Posted Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:57 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Björn Ulveus is being forced to pay about 8,7 million euros for not payed incom taxes.

A.Einstein was probable right: "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the incom taxes"

:wink:
Post Posted Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:39 pm
Livgivare

The same thing but different amount of money is now the case for Anni-Frid (Frida) Reuss-Lyngstad. She has not paid taxes either.

Love Leelene
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

Post Posted Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:09 am
Robi

For the album 'The Visitors', released in 1981, they used more synths !
Under Attached is a track as for good example. :wink:
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"

• 2020 Zoolook.nl