Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Popcorn?

What Kraftwork? Papathanassiou who? Aggh, don't deny it, there's more then just Jean Michel... discuss it here!

Moderator: L'equipe Zoolook

Analog Bend

Popcorn?

Post by Analog Bend »

I download some interesting music on eMule, named "Jean Michel Jarre-Popcorn". when I listened, I saw that the name was wrong. JMJ doesn't have any song named Popcorn. A fast search on Google returned in some Krafwerk references (some vocals effects are seemly). After all, who is the author of Popcorn? In wich album? When?

Observation: This song is the same of Crazy Frog (:x :? ), but in some GREAT electronic performance.
I Program my Home Computer, beam myself into the future....
Zoolookologiste

Post by Zoolookologiste »

I've heard one day that Jarre remixed Popcorn few years before Oxygene, that's right ? :?
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Post by Jakob BC »

JMJ did a cover version under the artist name "Pop Corn Orchestra" back in 1972.
http://www.jarrography.free.fr/details.php?id_media=868

The one you have heard is probably the M & H Band version which has nothing to do with JMJ. It just has a bah bah bah sound.
Dominc

Post by Dominc »

Yes It's true Jarre did a cover of Popcorn. But he made it under the name of Jammie Jefferson. Good thing about the single was on the other side which was an Early version of Bridge of Promises called "Blackbird".
It's more fun to compute on the Autobahn
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Post by Nico_Noyau »

Hey, how come didn't you even point to Dr_Jones' excellent website about Popcorn ?

http://www.popcorn-song.com

EnJoY ! :D
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
jarrekid

Post by jarrekid »

Yes, JMJ made a version under the name "Pop-Corn Orchestra" if I remember correctly. It's really good.
Jakob BC

Post by Jakob BC »

Yes it's one of the best covers of Pop Corn ever, probably because it's in the retro analogue genre like Hot Butter's.
Finaero

Post by Finaero »

I'm not really a fan of those old versions... that is, the first two versions of it by Gershon Kingsley were awesome but the others are kind of boring IMO. I do like the M&H Band versions, though, but it's somewhat of a shame that all these new versions are of the Hot Butter version instead of the very original :|
Jakob BC

Post by Jakob BC »

The original Gershon Kingsley track is pretty cool but too simple. The lead itself is the best of all though.
Velodynamic

Post by Velodynamic »

I prefer the Hot Butter version and it was without doubt the most popular version during the 80's.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
mathetes1963

Post by mathetes1963 »

Well...Hot Butter's cover of the song may not be the original, but for me at least, it's the definitive one....I can remember in about 1970 (cough, wheeze) my stepmother bringing home the 45rpm single of the Hot Butter version; she told me the clerk in the record shop said, "This is the modern sound of music" or something like that! :pwned: Ah, nostalgia...
"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul."
-Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1750

"It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing."
-Duke Ellington, 1899-1974
Analog Bend

Post by Analog Bend »

Please listen, this is the song (I uploaded at mediafire.com): Popcorn

Is a very good song, good melody..... :D
johannes

Post by johannes »

Pop Corn is a great track ! I can remember in 1972 it was on every radio station.

I made a cover/remix witha vintage vynil start and end. You can download here http://216.70.103.199/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2912
Dr_Jones
Likes given: 1
Likes received  : 1

Post by Dr_Jones »

I always thought that after my site was online, these discussions wouldn't have to exist anymore :cry:

anyway:

*points to sig*
Analog Bend

Post by Analog Bend »

Someone downloaded the Popcorn who I uploaded? This is the real version of 1972?