Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The people who first inspired you to make music

Post Posted Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:28 am
Andy

1. my uncle (guitar player)
2. Vangelis
3. Ed Starink
4. Jean Michel Jarre (due to number 3) :wink:
Post Posted Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:56 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

My mother told me (not long ago) that I played on a piano when I was 5 years old. It was on a visit in one of the neighbours house I found the piano and they was asking my mom where I had learned how to play that good...but sadly I don't remember a thing of it nowadays.
Well...actually I played electric guitar in my teen age. It began with a fluit at age 7 to 9 and then I chosen the guitar. About two years after that, me and 4 guys in my class became a band that was ment to be called "The Gremlins" but we couldn't really seriously get along or decide an "official name". :)
I did two or three performances and I learned that a guitar doesn't really works the same way on a stage as it does in a room without any audience. My fingers became sticky and simply doesn't slide as easily over the strings anymore...so I quit. In total we kept on for three years and we were mostly driven by ZZ-Top, Deep Purple, Europe, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Yngwie Malmsteen, Black Sabbath, Dio...all the stuff you can think of that was brain washing enough to play, but absolutely devastating to our ears.
I owe one big thanks to Jean Michel and Dreyfus records that I still can listening properly to music at all I guess. :twisted: :roll: :)
I gave up, yes...but sometimes I can't help finding myself sitting there with the guitar, "experimenting" just to see if there is something left of that old fluent dream. :oops: :lol:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:52 pm
Robi

Tangerine Dream - Choronzon 8)
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:22 pm
Robi

Tangerine Dream - Choronzon 8)
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:43 pm
Finaero