Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe 5 different version

Post Posted Sun May 27, 2007 11:14 am
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Thet alk has been up here before, but it is confusing me. From the beginning I knew about the version on Images and later on the reissue of Equinoxe from 1997. They are identical. Then some introduced a '78 LP version" which sounded a little different and older, if you can say so. I have the LP from West Germany ref.:2344120 but it's the same version as the one from the 1997 CD. What is the story about the different Equinoxe 5 versions exactly? :?
Post Posted Sun May 27, 2007 12:06 pm
Dominc

Jakob BC wrote: What is the story about the different Oxygene 5 versions exactly? :?
You mean Different Equinoxe 5 versions ?
It's more fun to compute on the Autobahn
Post Posted Sun May 27, 2007 2:08 pm
Jakob BC

Arhg yes of course! thanks for telling me :wink:
I have changed it now...
Post Posted Sun May 27, 2007 3:22 pm
Dominc

Well this "LP Version" of Equinoxe 5 is in the Database section of the Forum

This is my 300th post on here :!:
It's more fun to compute on the Autobahn
Post Posted Sun May 27, 2007 4:43 pm
Jarp2600

Other stuff --> Rarities --> Rarities 6, to be exactly :)
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Sun May 27, 2007 5:23 pm
Jakob BC

Yes I know, I already have it. I just don't udnerstand why it says "78 LP version" as it is not that version I have on my LP from 78. Equinoxe 5 on my LP is identical to the one on the 1997 cd remaster. What LP is this so called "78 LP version" on then? :)
Post Posted Sun May 27, 2007 5:28 pm
Jarp2600

The difference is not that big, it's just the bubbles and some other small little things I thought.

My soundclick * Myspace

Post Posted Sun May 27, 2007 5:38 pm
Jakob BC

No it is the lead and the organlike chords. The lead is more chorused in the 78 LP version. Besides that the lead in the "newer" version has some visible lower notes in the lead, which can be heard second time the lead is running from the beginning, if you know what I mean.
Post Posted Sun May 27, 2007 5:39 pm
Jarp2600

That was it indeed, I was confused with another something :) :P

My soundclick * Myspace

Post Posted Mon May 28, 2007 12:48 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Answering a question appears to be an art... :smoke:

Jakob seems to be interested in what exact issue had this version... I can't tell. Perhaps anybody else can?
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Mon May 28, 2007 9:23 am
Jakob BC

Yes I could have asked about that, I guess that would have been more simple. It is just that I can say that my 78 LP version is not the same as the one from the rareties compilation.
Post Posted Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:05 pm
Velodynamic

This is exactly what makes this track a bit "mystical" if I may say so. :mrgreen:

I have one version on the '78 official Equinoxe vinyl LP albym, the same as I have on my two Equinoxe CD albums.
Resently I bought a 78 promo 12" single, s.c. Equinoxe 5 "special remix" version (same track on both sides) and surprised I am 'cos I can't hear any difference compared with the official '78 LP-album and my CD's. There is a different version though on the '84 Musik Aus Zeit Und Raum vinyl. Maybe it's the same "different" version as on the Images album...I don't have that one.
Could it be that the MAZUR LP have the real '78 master tape version or what is it?
Maybe it's just an individual thing to judge what the difference is? :)

So,
Equinoxe -78 LP
Equinoxe CD's (maybe a slight difference because of the sound media)
Equinoxe 5 -78 'special remix' promo
JMJ Essential -83 LP
= same version

JMJ Musik Aus Zeit Und Raum -84 LP
="different" version

just by my observation... :wink:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:06 pm
Jakob BC

Yes that's the version I have not on either the LP and CD :wink: So everything makes sense now. Thanks! 8)
Post Posted Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:41 pm
Velodynamic

I allready had to change my mind about the "Essential" album version.
I'll hope it didn't cause too much trouble. :pwned:

-78 12" vinyl promo single 'special remix'

-83 Essential vinyl LP
-Same kind of distorted "blurrp" somewhere after the middle section of the track.

-84 Musik Aus Zeit Und Raum vinyl LP
-Different version with some funny panorama things going on between the L-R channels and maybe some more reverb and chorus on the lead. Perhaps the same as the 7" single version that Antigoon posted...judge yourself.

:roll: :) :wink:
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:25 pm
Velodynamic

Velodynamic wrote:Aus Zeit Und Raum vinyl LP[/URL]
-Different version with some funny panorama things going on between the L-R channels and maybe some more reverb and chorus on the lead. Perhaps the same as the 7" single version that Antigoon posted...judge yourself.

:roll: :) :wink:
A bit offtopic here, but what about Magnetic Fields Part 2 on the MAZUR vinyl LP? I remember it as very different and cool, compared with the ordinary album version. Any chance of a clip? :)
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE

2020 Zoolook.nl