Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JMJ launches education campaign

Post Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:51 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 12

JMJ launches education campaign

French electronic music pioneer Jean-Michel Jarre launched a campaign in Sofia Monday to support education around the world and called for other music and sports celebrities to join in.

"From this night on I will give one cent of every ticket for the purpose of education. And this will be until the end of my life," the musician said during his first show in the Bulgarian capital Sunday night.

"It is a very simple idea, which I wanted to launch in Bulgaria. From now on until the rest of my life in all my concerts I will do this and I will encourage all my colleagues to do it," Jarre told AFP in an interview.

"One cent per ticket is nothing. But if we multiply it by the number of performers, the number of tickets sold for concerts, the seats in cinemas, the newspaper copies sold, the sports events, we will have the budget for education ready tomorrow morning."
Jarre, 63, a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Educational and Scientific and Cultural Organization, launched the campaign in Bulgaria to honour UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova, who hails from there.

The money collected will go to the UN Education for All movement, Jarre said.
"Almost one billion people [in the world] cannot read or write," he underlined.
"And it is education that helps understand better climate change and economic problems and stamp out religious extremism. We know that it is also a way to solve many problems of women around the world," he said.

Jarre's show in Sofia Sunday night was the first in a tour that will also take him to Serbia, Croatia, Ukraine, Russia, Lithuania, the Scandinavian countries, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Source:
http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainmen ... n-campaign
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:17 pm
GlennFolkvord

Wow! Jarre strikes again!

Say what you will about the tracklists of his concerts, but he really is a good guy who deserve all the credit he can get!
Post Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:06 pm
Kanta

So impressed by the thought behind it. Great to think about my ticket(s) contribution. 8)
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:22 pm
Black Bird

Good idea ! I hope he will not be alone :wink:
Post Posted Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:29 pm
Kanta

Jean-Michel Jarre, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, supports young people's right to education:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010