Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Funny situations from the concerts

Post Posted Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:58 pm
Richard-Eastham

Likes given: 160
Likes received  : 44

Funny concert situation? I was front row at the Blue Dot Festival in July 2016. I'd been there all day and just seen Air, who were great. Then the crew come out to fix up all the LED curtains for the show, and wheel out all the kit for JMJ, Stephane and Claude. But while this is happening, the smell of marijuana becomes overwhelming. So many in the crowd starting to smoke weed. Getting ready for the show. It was commented on elsewhere on a review site, that the festival was pretty much dope free, except for JMJ's headline show on the Saturday night. I had no idea he attracted er, that sort of crowd. Very funny!
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.
Post Posted Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:02 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

I think I've posted this here before, but during the Rotterdam Ahoy 1997 concert, a guy came up to me saying he is going to take photos from the stage. I don't know who the guy was, but I wished him good luck. He said his plan was to sneak up to the (viewers) right of the stage and then climb on the stage. Needless to say, we've never seen him again.

At the HMH concert in Amsterdam in 2009, we had front row seats. Right in front of us was a security guy sitting with his back to the stage, so he couldn't see what was happening. What was happening was that during Oxygene 2, there was a lot of smoke blown on the stage that went from the back to the front. The guy was completely surprised by the unexpected amounts of smoke despite us trying to warn him with hand gestures.
Post Posted Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:18 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Ah, yes, I do remember how before the 1997 Oxygene Tour Helsinki gig started, I heard someone in the audience say "Jarre, play the sauna song!".

No idea if he got his wish granted.

(My guess is that he might have meant Souvenir of China - and also, if it had been a Vangelis gig I'd have been 99.9% certain that he was referring to Theme from Antarctica ;P)
Post Posted Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:49 pm
plate of chips

Likes received  : 21

1993 Wembley Stadium EinC
whilst I was still a student and had that couldn't care less attitude
During an interlude between tracks I can't recall
I shouted out "YES BROTHER" toJmJ
JmJ heard this and laughed :lol2:
Post Posted Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:12 pm
Synner

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 8

Destination Docklands - first night - a firework landed on the head of someone in the crowd just in front of me - and someone else showed their concern by shouting 'It's Michael Jackson!' You young 'uns - Google that.

When the show finished, the audience had to cross a footbridge to the other side of the dock to get to the coach park - there were so many people around me crossing the bridge, that I crossed said bridge without setting foot on it once - I was lifted clean off my feet and carried across.

During the Defense gig, the area where I was had no speaker stacks nearby - and as I was the only one in the area who thought to bring a personal stereo with me - tuned to the radio station broadcasting the gig live (which I was also recording) I had to give a running commentary on what was playing when to the fans round me. Toward the end of the show - during the Calypso encore - we had to get back to the coach parked in Place de la Concorde - a group of the English fans decided to do the worlds longest conga down the Champs Elysees - and tried to get the crowd round us to join in. They wouldn't. However, as I could hear the concert, I conga'd backwards so I could watch the light show.
I remember noticing after the credits rolled after the show that someone was still on stage playing the laser harp - which I'm sure was Jarre re-performing the Calypso II laser harp solo - to be edited back into the official video - as the footage in the video release didn't match was played live - as the harp went badly wrong live on the night - the notes triggering a split second after he hit the beam, till suddenly slipping back into sync - to Jarre's evident delight, as he played a happy little riff on in celebration - accompanied by a loud cheer from the crowd.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl