Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Concert For Tolerance


Post Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:54 am
chronos


Posts: 79

Hello all,

Over the festive period I found this on YouTube



A fairly dodgy camcorder recording of Jarre's 1995 concert at the Eiffel Tower.
Why I love this..?? It's the sound.

The Mansfield TV botch up sound quality was awful, dull, lifeless, to much echo/reverb for me..

This camcorder recording captures the sound as I remember it, clear, full of punch ( Especially Chronologie 6).

If you haven't seen this recording, wire it to loud speakers, crank it up and enjoy..

Happy New Year.
Post Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:38 pm
Dr_Jones


User avatar
Posts: 3711
Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Likes given: 190
Likes received  : 393

chronos wrote:The Mansfield TV botch up sound quality was awful, dull, lifeless, to much echo/reverb for me..
you should try the Laserdisc sound then. That's perfect.
Post Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:37 pm
Finaero


User avatar
Posts: 2971
Location: Finland
Likes given: 183
Likes received  : 51

I always thought the official audio sounded... distant. Industrial Revolution in particular sounds very low-volume but then again, it lacks a lot of percussive oomph to begin with.

But yeah, cool video of the last classic era megaconcert (marked by the last usage of the big LAG Circulaire). :]
Post Posted Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:08 pm
RougleJames

chronos wrote:Hello all,

Over the festive period I found this on YouTube



A fairly dodgy camcorder recording of Jarre's 1995 concert at the Eiffel Tower.
Why I love this..?? It's the sound.

The Mansfield TV botch up sound quality was awful, dull, lifeless, to much echo/reverb for me..

This camcorder recording captures the sound as I remember it, clear, full of punch ( Especially Chronologie 6).

If you haven't seen this recording, wire it to loud speakers, crank it up and enjoy..

Happy New Year.

I just loved the video as the song sung by Jarre's in the concert is marvellous.By watching it I felt as if I am watching any one of the top broadway musicals in new york city
Post Posted Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:43 pm
Robi


Posts: 3340
Location: Kiskoros, Hungary

RougleJames wrote:
chronos wrote:Hello all,

Over the festive period I found this on YouTube



A fairly dodgy camcorder recording of Jarre's 1995 concert at the Eiffel Tower.
Why I love this..?? It's the sound.

The Mansfield TV botch up sound quality was awful, dull, lifeless, to much echo/reverb for me..

This camcorder recording captures the sound as I remember it, clear, full of punch ( Especially Chronologie 6).

If you haven't seen this recording, wire it to loud speakers, crank it up and enjoy..

Happy New Year.

I just loved the video as the song sung by Jarre's in the concert is marvellous.By watching it I felt as if I am watching any one of the top broadway musicals in new york city
Hello in New York ! :wink:
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:22 am
melo


User avatar
Posts: 685
Location: Brazil
Likes received  : 1

A few years ago, I remember seeing somewhere, a drawing of what would be the CPLT stage, before taking place at the Eiffel Tower. It was a drawing on Place des Invalides and this would be from Mark Fisher's team!!!
I wonder if anyone has this image today?
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:53 am
AERO62


Posts: 293
Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 53

So what was in the link ?
Post Posted Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:26 pm
Dr_Jones


User avatar
Posts: 3711
Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Likes given: 190
Likes received  : 393

I've digitized the Starrisime video on Concert for Tolerance in full color:


Enjoy!
Post Posted Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:53 pm
nexxxus


User avatar
Posts: 208
Likes given: 98
Likes received  : 23

Great moment! Great period!
Thanks Dr Jones for this link. Very dynamic and make me nostalgic.

I still have the original laser disc that I recorded on DVD before selling my player.
For the sound, it is really good but it is true that the capture of the audience is very present. But it's really an audience in phase and unleashed!.

The image I have is correct but my god we were satisfied with that and it was great!

On the other hand, I just recently finished extracting the audio to make a digital album of the concert (by bringing a slight touch of optimization).

For the video I found this link which shows an excellent restoration job:


Hard to do better!
Post Posted Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:11 pm
AERO62


Posts: 293
Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 53

nexxxus wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:53 pm Great moment! Great period!
Thanks Dr Jones for this link. Very dynamic and make me nostalgic.

I still have the original laser disc that I recorded on DVD before selling my player.
For the sound, it is really good but it is true that the capture of the audience is very present. But it's really an audience in phase and unleashed!.

The image I have is correct but my god we were satisfied with that and it was great!

On the other hand, I just recently finished extracting the audio to make a digital album of the concert (by bringing a slight touch of optimization).

For the video I found this link which shows an excellent restoration job:


Hard to do better!
It says the video is private, so I can't open it.
Post Posted Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:39 pm
nexxxus


User avatar
Posts: 208
Likes given: 98
Likes received  : 23

AERO62 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:11 pm It says the video is private, so I can't open it.
Yes indeed... at the time I shared it wasn't private.
The Youtube channel seems to be very active at the moment. The link has been updated.
it should work this time :

Post Posted Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:57 pm
Richard-Eastham


User avatar
Posts: 409
Location: Bournemouth, UK, Europe
Likes given: 157
Likes received  : 42

On the other hand, I just recently finished extracting the audio to make a digital album of the concert (by bringing a slight touch of optimization).

Would you be able to make that audio file available for fans? Or just for your own listening?
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.
Post Posted Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:52 pm
nexxxus


User avatar
Posts: 208
Likes given: 98
Likes received  : 23

Richard-Eastham wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:57 pm Would you be able to make that audio file available for fans? Or just for your own listening?
Yes it's for me but nothing prevents me from sharing it. Two things however: I have a connection that is not very high speed so it will take a little patience... and the audio that I obtained was edited a little (a few cuts when I felt too much lengths between certain pieces).
So I'm going to prepare this for sharing via "wetransfer" I think.
Post Posted Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:59 pm
Richard-Eastham


User avatar
Posts: 409
Location: Bournemouth, UK, Europe
Likes given: 157
Likes received  : 42

:D That's amazing, thank you! I would love a copy! I have a fast drop-box system, if that helps?
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.
Post Posted Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:11 pm
nexxxus


User avatar
Posts: 208
Likes given: 98
Likes received  : 23

Richard-Eastham wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:59 pm :D That's amazing, thank you! I would love a copy! I have a fast drop-box system, if that helps?
No my speed in upload is low and nothing can change that.
be patient :wink:







  • 2020 Zoolook.nl
    Powered by phpBB forum software