Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The current state of the forum

Post Posted Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:38 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

We've added a small little feature on the top of the start page. An "on this day"-overview. There you can see what JMJ related stuff happened on that day and how many years ago. Adam helped with the template here, and it works like a charm :-)

It's nowhere near complete, but I've imported all the concert dates and album/single release dates I could find.
Post Posted Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:20 pm
Dr_Jones

Added topics to the "Official"-topics (twitter, facebook, instagram, blog, etc). Total of posts is now 95367. 47% of the posts restored.
Post Posted Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:41 pm
Dr_Jones

Adam has provided the new style, which you can use. It's called "Modern". He's also working on a "Retro" style that looks like the old version of the forum, for the people who are nostalgic :-)

He also gave me an extension for the "like this post" functionality, which you now can use on the boards!
Post Posted Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:36 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Ok, I may be blind or sth, but I don't see the "like" functionality. I got a notification that you liked my post and I see "Likes given" under your username, but I'm not sure how to give a "like" myself?
Post Posted Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:54 pm
Dr_Jones

Huh, you're right. It's probably a user setting, I'm on it.
Post Posted Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:07 pm
Dr_Jones

Yes, it's a setting. There's a thumb now.
Post Posted Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:19 pm
Dr_Jones

I've uploaded the smileys from the old forum :omg:
:party2:
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:04 am
Jote

Yup, "like" works now. I don't like (sic!) how it redirects you to a "you liked that post" page - completely unnecessary UI. Also the page that displays when you click on "likes received" or "likes given" is not styled correctly - fonts are very large. Obviously not a top-priority issue.
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:33 am
Dr_Jones

The page does redirect you to the original post, but fair point... I can look into that, I don't think the original extension has the option to not redirect, but a simple ajax call can fix that. I will discuss this with Adam.
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:02 pm
Adam

Likes given: 9
Likes received  : 6

Jote wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:04 am Yup, "like" works now. I don't like (sic!) how it redirects you to a "you liked that post" page - completely unnecessary UI. Also the page that displays when you click on "likes received" or "likes given" is not styled correctly - fonts are very large. Obviously not a top-priority issue.
I don't like that "you liked that post" page either, in my test board that does not show so I am going through & checking to see what I edited to stop those pages appearing as I also don't see them after logging in or posting.
The large font on the Likes Received page is my fault, I had a file in the wrong folder which should be fixed when I send Dr Jones the files later.
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:10 pm
Adam

Okay, after spending the morning searching for file edits, I have found the setting in the "Likes" extension to turn off those messages after liking a post !!
:D
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:26 pm
Dr_Jones

Great! Looks like it's working
Post Posted Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:19 pm
Jote

I see the forum has a new look. I think you might have gone a bit too far with the "nostalgia" vibe, it looks like straight out of 2000 ;) Can we please have an option to switch to the previous one? (Unless this option already exists). Pretty please :)

(BTW. graphic elements and my personal taste notwithstanding - making the posts stretch across the entire screen makes them hard to read - I definitely advise against using width = 100%. Width should be at least somewhat proportional to font size AFAIR)
Post Posted Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:24 pm
Dr_Jones

Jote wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:19 pm I see the forum has a new look. I think you might have gone a bit too far with the "nostalgia" vibe, it looks like straight out of 2000 ;) Can we please have an option to switch to the previous one? (Unless this option already exists). Pretty please :)

(BTW. graphic elements and my personal taste notwithstanding - making the posts stretch across the entire screen makes them hard to read - I definitely advise against using width = 100%. Width should be at least somewhat proportional to font size AFAIR)
You can switch to a different style.. I will look it up. [edit] Heh, I guess I was too enthousiastic... I forced the new style on everyone, so that the option to change it was gone... Anyway, you can choose your own style in the Preferences.
Post Posted Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:45 pm
Adam

I have made some changes to the "modern" theme.
I have toned it down a bit, and changed the width of posts to 60%
Got rid of the glowing hyperlinks so they now just change to yellow & underlined when hovered.
Removed the date box & have put date and last visit in the upper right & changed the top menu so it has no background colours except when hovered.
And the JMJ graphics in the title bars etc have been replaced with a plain black gradient with some of the font sizes on the index reduced.
Just waiting for Dr Jones to have a look at it on my test board.
There will also be a "classic" theme to choose from which will look 90% like the old forum

• 2020 Zoolook.nl